Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Entry Clearance Visa- Should I be concerned?  (Read 533 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Entry Clearance Visa- Should I be concerned?
« on: December 14, 2007, 06:59:53 AM »
Hmm...I've got my application in for an entry clearance visa for a work permit greater than 6 months...
British Consulate called earlier, but didn't leave a message.  I shouldn't worry, right*?  Or should I?  Any advice?  I think I'll just wait and see if they call back... Didn't email me or anything either...Now I'm going, shoot, I should have used a courier!! Oh well, just crossing my fingers everything goes according to *plan*

*Its easy to worry because this a busy time of year-Consulate has a lot of applications this time of year, then I have to be out of my rented flat next week, I've got movers coming next week, then I'm spending a week with my parents and sisters for Christmas (1200 miles away from where I live right now!) and then I'm supposed to move to the UK on January 2nd (although I don't have my tickets yet, I know better)-  My official start date is January 7th for work, so the timing is really tight!

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 0
Re: Entry Clearance Visa- Should I be concerned?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
probably the only bad thing it could be is that you need to send an additional document or something. If they were denying you i'm sure they'd just send it back denied.

• Odd Duck
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
Don't worry! I was in an even worse situation (was out of my apartment before submitting my EC application, staying with my parents 2000 miles away, etc...) and it all worked out fine.

Easier said than done, I know--I was almost sick with worry. Best of luck to you! :)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »
It takes real extremes of circumstances for a US national to be refused a visa to take up a work permit.  Unless you are a secret felon or have been removed from the UK int he past, you have nothing to worry about.

Vicky

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »
Thanks, you all have eased my mind.  I knew you would!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links