Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: finances - worried  (Read 625 times)

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
  • Liked: 0
finances - worried
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
Between myself and my husband we have £1250 in savings ( all the savings are mine in my account)  This is slowly increasing each month, but not dramatically, most of our cash has gone on visiting each other over the past 3 years, etc.

I am a teacher on a permanent contract, have worked out a budget, showing our finances for when hubby gets here, my expenditure does not really increase much more than when it is just me and the 2 kids, and this shows we are left with £300 a month in the bank, we also did a mock budget based on my hubby getting employment on minimum wage, as we are unsure what his salary will be once he finds employment. I am just so worried about the financial side of things right now. Does anyone have experience, of getting a visa with not so much in the bank?

We are including Hubby's CV, and evidence of hubby already applying for security work. Along with my letter from work stating my salary and pay slips etc.

Worry is begining to set in now.

Sharon-UK

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

Re: finances - worried
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
We got my visa without much in the bank.  We had a combined savings of 2200 pounds and not much in the current account. We were okay since I submitted evidence of what I would most likely earn in my career field here.  We also did have the very detailed budget as well.  I hope that helps.  :D
I am the architect of my destiny.

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
We got my visa without much in the bank.  We had a combined savings of 2200 pounds and not much in the current account. We were okay since I submitted evidence of what I would most likely earn in my career field here.  We also did have the very detailed budget as well.  I hope that helps.  :D

Thank you Dar, I know hubby should be doing the posting as he is applying for the visa, but he gets tongue tied even when writing lol.

My stress levels have hit the roof, maybe it is becasue we are no getting ready to apply, and i so want us to be together.
Sharon-UK

• Dar

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:18:31 PM »
We worked with an immigration advisor who gave us loads of advice on how to present things and extra things to include that we would never have thought of.  It would definitely be worth your time to contact one to help you.  I wasn't charged for the assistance. 

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
We are post dating our application until 20th March, applying now as our finances wont be much different.

From Me:
    * Passport
    * Birth Certificate
    * 4 months bank statements - highlighted income form different sources, and mortgage payment
    * Savings statements showing £1250
    * Employment Contract
    * Letter from Employer stating how long i have worked there, salary and I am on a permanent contract
    * Child tax credit notice
    * Letter of Intent - also detailing separation due to military deployments.
    * My mortgage documents, and land registry document
    *  6 Months payslips
    * Tickets stubs from my  4 visits to the USA
   * Monthly budget showing positive balance at end of month, also projected budget based on hubby working for minimum wage.

From Hubby:

* Passport
    * Birth certificate
    * Marriage certificate
    * Bank statements - not sure to include this as he has no savings.
    *His payslips proving what he earned in the US
    * Copy of his CV and references
    * Emails showing his contact with recruiters and applications that have been submitted for positions in the UK
    * Emails between Hubby and I during separation since marriage
    * Pictures of the two of us together showing previous meeting
    * Tickets from previous 2 previous trips to the UK to visit me and kids
    * Also letter from Hubby's father detailing employment from when he gets out of the military until March when he travels on visa, stating salary in family business. (we are including this in the  budget to show that we will have more savings before march

I think this covers everything, hopefully it will be enough.
Sharon-UK

• Dar

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
Make sure you include Hubby's bank statements, whether he has savings or not.  This shows he is earning money and being responsible with it.

• facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »
Make sure you include Hubby's bank statements, whether he has savings or not.  This shows he is earning money and being responsible with it.

Thanks , i will do.
Sharon-UK

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »
When my wife got her visa, I had £600 in my bank and she had 0 savings, so I dont think its much of an issue :P

• facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »
When my wife got her visa, I had £600 in my bank and she had 0 savings, so I dont think its much of an issue :P

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping the fact i am in full time permanent employment, and am making ends meet will be good enough.
Sharon-UK

Sponsored Links