Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A chat with the MP?  (Read 594 times)

• Scrambles the Death Dealer
    • Myspaz
  • Liked: 0
A chat with the MP?
« on: December 26, 2007, 06:18:00 AM »
As some of you know, my spousal visa was refused; we decided to appeal against the decision and recently got the paperwork off. Dave and I are feeling quite at a loss of what's going on with the whole thing, and stressed out about having to be apart (especially over the holidays). Anyhoo, my uncle works in politics (used to have a job on Capitol Hill) and today after talking about the whole thing, suggested that Dave and/or his family write/visit their MP about the situation. I really have no idea what all that would entail, but I'm sure some of you here do. So, do you reckon it would be helpful in any way? I didn't even know that it was an option *shrug* What do you guys think?
It was most definitely...a THING.

Re: A chat with the MP?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
The MP caseworker will take your letter and put a brief, like 1 paragraph cover letter on top of it which says something along the lines of "my constituent was refused, would you explain why?"  They will send the cover letter and your letter to the BIA.

The correspondence unit will go dig out your file and see why you were refused, and then send a letter back explaining the reasons.  They will say that you are entitled to reapply or to post an appeal.  Your MP will forward this response to you.

All in all, it can't hurt.  But don't hold hopes for resolving it that way because they cannot reverse a decision without going through the system first. 

• Scrambles the Death Dealer
    • Myspaz
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »
Nah, I knew there weren't any "strings" which could be pulled; was just wondering what would happen, etc. Thanks very much!  ;D
It was most definitely...a THING.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
To be honest, as the application was refused because you didn't prove your case, I don't see that the MP could help at all.

Vicky

Sponsored Links