Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello from Boston  (Read 685 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Hello from Boston
« on: April 09, 2004, 07:15:13 PM »
Hi there -

Like many others, I have been lurking around the site a lot lately and finally decided to say hi and introduce myself.  I will be moving to London from Boston in the fall with a friend of mine and so far, have found a lot of great information posted here.  

I will hopefully be transferring with my company but if that doesn't work out, applying for a HSMP visa and going with another company.  My friend on the other hand, is in the healthcare field and one of my biggest concerns right now is her finding a job.  She is a physical therapist here in the States and is currently applying for her license in the UK.  If anyone has any information about open positions or possibilities in her field, feel free to speak up.  Besides that and the concern about how expensive it is there, we are really excited and can't wait to get over there.  

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

GO SOX!!

Nicole

• Liked: 1
Re: Hello from Boston
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 07:19:12 PM »
Hi Nicole!  I am sure you will find plenty of people that can help you with your questions and even some who support the Sox.  ;D

I wish you and your friend plenty of luck in your plans to go to the UK and hope that we will see more of your posts in the future!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 07:21:58 PM »
Go Sox?! I don't think so! Go O's!  ;D

Welcome to the site! You'll find lots of great folks here, even if some of us are O's fans!

My understanding is that the NHS is in dire need of all medical professionals so hope you have some luck!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 07:37:14 PM »
Go Sox!  I'm with you on that one.  I too am moving from Boston to England (I'll be in London)...perhaps we can have a big ol' Sox fan club meeting some day in England.

Good luck with everything!  If I had any info I'd help you out.

Liane

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 09:16:57 PM »
Hi, Nicole, and welcome.

Have your friend look at http://www.csp.org.uk/  or go to msn.co.uk and search on physiotherapy.  Tons of schools, hospitals, and jobs come up.  I also don't think your friend will have a problem finding a job.

I'm living in Dorchester, MA, right now, but I plan to move to Scotland or NE England this summer.  I'm going the HSMP route.  My application will be in the mail early next week.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The folks here are the best!  If you ask, you get good advice.  And this is the best place for a hand to hold or a shoulder to cry on.  Wander around the site and play.  I've been spending more and more time here--sometimes too much.  It's like having a cup of tea with friends.  Enjoy and let us get to know you.
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 09:35:56 PM »
 Hiya Nicole and welcome to UKY  :)

Like everyone has already said ,we are a caring  community with helping hands.Good luck on your new start in life!

My Step daughter is studying to be a nurse ,and Iam sure like in the US,they need all the nurses they can get in the UK.

Rhia

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2004, 09:22:15 PM »
Welcome Nicole!  ;D

I don't have any info that you could use regarding London or the NHS but I hope all goes well anyway!!  :D

Erm, go Phillies!? Probably not, we stink.  :-/ >:(

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »
No...never give up hope for the Phillies!  While I'm also a Sox fan, my first baseball team love was the Phillies.  Used to go to Philly every summer at least once with my fam to watch a game.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab