Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Unmarried Visa  (Read 412 times)

• Liked: 0
Unmarried Visa
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
Hi,

I last posted on the subject back in July, so apologies if I repeat things.  My partner and I are still looking at the Unmarried Partner Visa and have now been together for close to 2 and a half years.  The problem is while we have lived together since January '06 we have spent the last 5 months going between our homes in the UK and USA as my work visa in the US expired at the end of July.

We believe from the rules that periods of up to 6 months apart for good reason are acceptable and I would like to think that playing by the rules because my visa expired is worthy of consideration.  We basically go back and forward around once every couple of months and live together at each other's places.  We've kept all our itineraries etc and have stacks of proof our our living together in the US.

Would appreciate it if anyone can shed some more light on how they may think our application would go.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and are looking forward to 2008!

Re: Unmarried Visa
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »
I am applying for the same visa in May so let me know how yours goes!  I have heard of 6 months separation being allowed if you can prove valid reasons and consistent communication. 

gooood luck!

Re: Unmarried Visa
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
Thanks!  I feel like a broken record posting sometimes but we get so much conflicting information that there never seems to be a definitive answer to underline.

Sponsored Links