Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of Accomodations from the Council  (Read 494 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Proof of Accomodations from the Council
« on: December 29, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »
We are staying with my wife's parents and they have council housing since the beginning of time.  The problem is the council will not give my MIL any proof that she is leasing the place out.  The only thing we can provide is council tax bills and statements showing that she pays for the rent.  I will write a letter stating that.  Why won't the council provide them with anything???  They have called several times.  Also the council is not allowed to dictate who can stay in the house (per the council).  Why can't they just call the council to verify that my MIL indeed stays there?  We only plan to stay for a few weeks anyway...

Re: Proof of Accomodations from the Council
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »
they are bullshitting. When I first came over here we stayed at MIL house. And I had to  get a copy of her lease. They gave her a photocopy and then stamped it saying its authentic. Its true that cant dictate who can stay or who cant but on the lease it says as long as its not over crowded,its fine. Have the inlaws get on them about it, they do have a copy of her lease.

• Banned

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:17:55 PM »
they are bullshitting. When I first came over here we stayed at MIL house. And I had to  get a copy of her lease. They gave her a photocopy and then stamped it saying its authentic. Its true that cant dictate who can stay or who cant but on the lease it says as long as its not over crowded,its fine. Have the inlaws get on them about it, they do have a copy of her lease.
That's exactly what I thought.  How can someone stay at a council house and not have a lease, it's just unheard of.  I know for sure they will deny my application, but I have to send it in anyways because I have to do so before the two weeks is up since my biometrics was taken.  If my wife is able to get a rental by Monday I could use that.  I'm just really sick and tired of this stuff.  Getting her the greencard was so easy eventhough it took a while.  I didn't get requests for additional documents at all.  But the council just amazes me.  I think they are just too lazy.

Oh and my says they won't open until jan 7th, closed since the 22nd.  What the?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:27:04 AM by nc73 »

• Doug and Vick
    • Doug Nissley Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »
my fiance lives in council housing and she got a letter from the council for my finace visa stating that she rented the property and since the maximum number of people allowed to live there is greater than what will be living there once I move in, they have no problem with me being there. It take quite a while for her to get them to send this letter.

Good luck,

I'm sending off all my stuff this week.

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 05:58:20 PM »
my fiance lives in council housing and she got a letter from the council for my finace visa stating that she rented the property and since the maximum number of people allowed to live there is greater than what will be living there once I move in, they have no problem with me being there. It take quite a while for her to get them to send this letter.

Good luck,

I'm sending off all my stuff this week.
Didn't realize it was such a pain!  I'm sending mine off after new years.  I'm going to use my sister in law instead since they own their house.  Good Luck!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »
If the council is not willing to provide documentation on accommodation, the thing to remember is that it happens all the time for any number of different reasons.

Alternate strategies are to use a chartered surveyor and/or the local authority's health and environment officer.  Certificates from either of these have been successful in the past...

• Banned

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »
If the council is not willing to provide documentation on accommodation, the thing to remember is that it happens all the time for any number of different reasons.

Alternate strategies are to use a chartered surveyor and/or the local authority's health and environment officer.  Certificates from either of these have been successful in the past...

I appreciate the info Garry.  My wife goes from her sister's to her parents back and forth so I guess the mortgage info or deed from her sister will do.

Sponsored Links