Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Interview Experiences  (Read 943 times)

• Liked: 0
Interview Experiences
« on: April 16, 2004, 12:26:49 AM »
Hi All, did a quick search and didnt find a thread that listed any interview experiences people may have had. If im wrong could someone please point me in the right direction? Otherwise I would really like to hear how things went for people, good and bad.

My Yankee wife and I got our interview date recently so I just want to know what to expect. Im not confident either way about whats going to happen in the interview. Also im wondering, I got all of the info together for the interview in March, so when it comes to my interview in may will they consider pay slips and bank statements from my co-sponsor (father in law) to be out of date? Do you think we need to somehow get stuff even more up to date?

Re: Interview Experiences
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:31:14 AM »
CONGRATS on the interview date! Here is a link to one interview experience (tons of info in the thread) http://www.uk-yankee.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=repat;action=display;num=1072892022;start=75
My experience is under the "how was the interview missy" thread.
In my opinion, I would have the most *reasonably* recent information. Better safe than sorry.
We had our most recent bank statements. I am not sure if they looked at the date or not – but they were almost a month old (meaning that another statement was due to be sent to us in days).
While waiting for our final interview, I observed two very different interview styles between the two men conducting the interviews. The one man started his interview with a “raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth” thing and then began asking people why they wanted  to immigrate to the states, what type of employment they were after, where they were going to live, etc. Very intimidating.  I was relieved when we stepped up to our interview guy because all he did was re-check the documents the first lady gathered, which was less than 10% of what I took with me! Put it into a nice neat pile, handed us a map to the doctors office and said that if all goes well there, “welcome to the United States Kevin”!!!
Super easy!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 12:34:48 PM by missy_jx2 »

Re: Interview Experiences
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 07:41:48 PM »
Thanks a lot missy! Glad it all went nicely for you, its always comforting to hear someones positive experiences. Hopefully our interview will go ahead without any problems, so until then ill just keep leafing through our documents double and triple checking we have everything. Thanks again :)

Sponsored Links