Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happy with new job already!  (Read 890 times)

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
Happy with new job already!
« on: April 16, 2004, 05:43:22 PM »
:D   I have to laugh as I haven't even truly begun my job yet...but I think I'm going to like where I'm working so much better than my current position in Boston.  The people there & the connections they've helped me make are wonderful.  I've already started to set up a bank account through a guy at Citibank...a connection that my job made for me.  I just see the people at this job as much more interested in my happiness & adjustment that here in Boston (which is why I'm leaving).  I'm freaking out about the move less & less.  The biggest task I'll have left will be finding a roommate but I think Loot.com or craigslist.com might be the way...we'll see!

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
Re: Happy with new job already!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 10:03:24 PM »
Much luck to you!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 05:36:36 AM »
I think the corporate culture in the UK is much more family oriented or maybe just normal.  In Boston, everyone works like they are trying to make partner in a law firm before they are 30.  I used to put in 60 to 80 hrs. a week during registration and graduation.  No thank yous or extra compensation were expected.  It was taken for granted that I would work like this.

I can't wait to work in the UK.  Family members tell me that overtime is used in manufacturing or in an emergency.  It's not standard.  And that bosses are actually concerned about your time off, encouraging you to take a break if you haven't had a vacation in a while.  Sounds very healthy to me.

Good luck, Onetiger!  It sounds like you are going to be working with truly caring people.
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 03:17:58 PM »
Fabulous news! There's nothing like going to a new job where you know you'll feel right at home. I've just gone though that myself and I'm a million +1 times happier for it.

Good luck with the job and keep us posted.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 03:23:18 PM »
Good luck!  I do hope that jobs are more family oriented. I am just not of the heart to do well in corporate America. 
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab