Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: absolutely GUTTED  (Read 3811 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: absolutely GUTTED
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 12:26:52 AM »
Okay. I get it now.

Well, it seems to me that applying for a regular spousal visa is the cheapest way because I wouldn't have to pay for an extra flight to the UK or for legal assistance. Right?

Or am I missing something else in my frantic state?  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »
I'm not sure, I don't remember how much the spousal visa is now. But you also have to figure in the cost of the ILR application once you come to the UK and pass the life in the uk test.

I'm gonna echo garry's advice on consulting with someone before you decide which way to go. You'll get way better guidance which path is the best for you.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »

Having read the ECO's rationale, we can predict that the appeal will be difficult.  

Even though the ECO hasn't addressed my close ties to family in the UK? This appears to be different from close ties to the UK (ie. a job offer, a house, etc.)

There was a small reference to 'family' ties in the ECO's description of paragraph 19 (... the nature and maintenance of family ties in the UK ..., paragraph 5 on the refusal letter) but nothing else along these lines was noted in the reasons for the refusal.

(Yes, the ECO mentioned my two British children, but didn't mention the strong ties we have to my husband's family in the UK and the frequency with which we see them/talk to them, etc.)

*edited paragraph number

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:15:03 PM by sevans »

• Mouse Hunting
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 01:37:23 AM »
Completely off subject, but I love your photos sevans :)
Dated long distance: 2000-2005
Married: May 2005
Both lived stateside: 2005-2008
Moved to the UK/FLR: May 2008
ILR: May 2010
British Citizenship: January 2012
British Passport: March 2012

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 02:50:32 AM »
kaleyko: you are hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh  :)

My husband is the awesome photographer. I'll take the opportunity to plug his website  ;)

www.peterevansphotography.com

;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 09:43:26 AM »
Hi Sevans,
  I hope that by now you've been able to get things sorted out.  I have a question for you if you've researched any more into your options.  Have you done the regular spousal visa, then done the test, and applied for ILR??  I'm currently in the UK on a regular spouse visa, and have been married for almost 6 years to my husband and we were living in the US for the whole time up until our recent move.  Now that I'm here and not working yet, I would love to get my ILR by taking the test and getting everything moving.  But for some reason, now I can't find the info and am not sure if I'm still allowed to do so.  Have you found any more info on this?  Thanks if you can help and I hope everything is working out for you!

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »
When I applied for my spousal visa, I didn't send anything specifically to prove that I'd been married for more than 4 years. (Although, one of the question on the form asked how long I'd been married - and of course, I sent my marriage certificate.)

I spoke to the ECO and asked her exactly what my options were once the spousal visa was granted. She confirmed that:

1. I would enter the UK
2. Take the KOL test as soon as possible
3. Apply for ILR

immediately. So that's what I was planning to do.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab