Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PLEASE HELP Boyfriend Coming Over In June, Don't Want Him To Go Back To USA  (Read 20281 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: PLEASE HELP Boyfriend Coming Over In June, Don't Want Him To Go Back To USA
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »
[MOD NOTE]

Let's keep this to one topic, please.   You're not going to get different answers in different topics.  People are doing their best to help you.  I know it's stressful, but unfortunately it's one of those things where there are only a few options. 

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to break any rules and be a pain I'm so sorry.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »
How old is your boyfriend? How old are you?

Vicky

We're both 19 right now, turn 20 together in August.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:06 PM »
Then you must be aware that it is likely the age requirement for spousal and fiancee visas will change before the end of the year, and that you may have to be 21 to apply or sponsor.

Vicky

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »

Oh, and here's an off the wall suggestion if you're looking to spend some time together- how about both of you go on a year long working holiday to New Zealand?  I think that's about the only country that both Americans and Brits can get a long-ish (1 year for Americans, longer for Brits I think) working visa for without too much trouble.

It's fairly easy to find jobs at US summer camps and they will help sort out the visa's for you.  Have a look at Camp America's website or google Summer Camp work in the US.  Loads will come up.  That way you could be together, working and have a good time and huge learning experience.   It's what my husband and I did to be together a million years ago when we were in Uni but I know it's still possible now.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
It's fairly easy to find jobs at US summer camps and they will help sort out the visa's for you.  Have a look at Camp America's website or google Summer Camp work in the US.  Loads will come up.  That way you could be together, working and have a good time and huge learning experience.   It's what my husband and I did to be together a million years ago when we were in Uni but I know it's still possible now.

Thank you ever so much.  I'll definitely check 'em out.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »
Then you must be aware that it is likely the age requirement for spousal and fiancee visas will change before the end of the year, and that you may have to be 21 to apply or sponsor.

Vicky

Goodness thank you for letting me know is this the same for Fiance VISAs or are they the same things???  Guess I have to get married by 2009 now then haha

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
Guess I have to get married by 2009 now then haha

Its not as crazy as it sounds, really!! I got engaged in Nov 2005 and married in December 2005.  When you know, you know  :)

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Hi, sorry that you are going thru this as I too went thru this. still am. I'm american and my fiance is english. Honestly, the quickest way to do it is probably the fiance visa. Going into this relationship, we both knew that in the end, if things went well, then we'd have to get married. I am currently here in england for 6 months. I'm in my 5th month. This was a trial for us to see if things worked. and it did! We are now happily engaged and I can't wait to marry him and live happily ever after. But, I do have to go back to america and apply for my fiance visa. which I heard takes less than  a month to get. though it varies. I suggest the 2 of you do this 6 months thing as a trial. See where things go. Good luck!

• Banned

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »

He has proposed to me but we won't be ready to marry for a number of years yet so don't want to go down the fiance/marriage VISA route as that ties you up to marry within a certain time limit. 

Can't come over on a visitor VISA as that means you can't work right and I don't earn enough to support us both. 

I think these two points rule out the fiance visa.  If she can't afford to support him, and has no intention of marrying in 6 months, it won't be approved.

Vicky

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 02:24:32 PM »
Hi, sorry that you are going thru this as I too went thru this. still am. I'm american and my fiance is english. Honestly, the quickest way to do it is probably the fiance visa. Going into this relationship, we both knew that in the end, if things went well, then we'd have to get married. I am currently here in england for 6 months. I'm in my 5th month. This was a trial for us to see if things worked. and it did! We are now happily engaged and I can't wait to marry him and live happily ever after. But, I do have to go back to america and apply for my fiance visa. which I heard takes less than  a month to get. though it varies. I suggest the 2 of you do this 6 months thing as a trial. See where things go. Good luck!

That is so awesome! Moonfaery_87, you've given me some hope at last! With regards to the 6 month trial thing how did you go about that? How did you live for all that time without working?  Did you just come over for 6 months on your passport or did you get a visitors VISA or something? Your situation is exactly like Brandon and I's and after 6 months I think we may then be ready to apply for the fiance VISA and once applied we have to get married in 6 months so technically that's a year right and I think we'd be ready then. :)

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
Its not as crazy as it sounds, really!! I got engaged in Nov 2005 and married in December 2005.  When you know, you know  :)

Oh I hear you Chrissy. I am a firm believer in destiny. I just know Brandon and I are soulmate and meant to be together for all eternity because our bond and connection is AMAZING.  We weren't even looking for a relationship I signed up to MySpace nearly 2 years ago after an online store said if i became their myspace friend i'd get a discount, he shopped at the same store and signed up too, saw my pic said hey you don't know me but you look cool and we just clicked and ever since then it's been like a fairytale and we're now engaged and just besotted with eachother and couldn't be happier, I love him so much and that's why we need to be together so badly it's like we're not complete when we're apart, as if my soul's been torn in 2 you know...

Anyways now that I've bored you all with my love story I wanted to ask you Chrissy how on Earth did you manage to marry to swiftly and seemingly with such ease?  What's your secret my friend???

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
That is so awesome! Moonfaery_87, you've given me some hope at last! With regards to the 6 month trial thing how did you go about that? How did you live for all that time without working?  Did you just come over for 6 months on your passport or did you get a visitors VISA or something? Your situation is exactly like Brandon and I's and after 6 months I think we may then be ready to apply for the fiance VISA and once applied we have to get married in 6 months so technically that's a year right and I think we'd be ready then. :)

I came over on just my passport. Visitors. I got stamped for 6 months. I lived of my fiance. (sounds bad.lol.) He earns 900£ a month after taxes and he's been able to support me. It's usually down if you can support him when he's there on the visitors visa. If you don't mind me asking, How much do you earn monthly? What do you do?

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »
Also can someone please clarify a few issues on passports please?  I still haven't got it straight in my head I'm sorry.  They entitle you to come over for 6 months right?  If you've been to the UK for nearly 3 weeks in the Winter do you have to deduct this from the 6 months? When and how do the 6 months renew themselves?  Is it legal to come over in June and return to the US in November of the same year without any questions asked?  Do you have to apply for an addition 6 months or anything upon returning to the USA or is that just automatic the second you leave the UK to say go to another country on holiday for a week or 2 for example?

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »
I came over on just my passport. Visitors. I got stamped for 6 months. I lived of my fiance. (sounds bad.lol.) He earns 900£ a month after taxes and he's been able to support me. It's usually down if you can support him when he's there on the visitors visa. If you don't mind me asking, How much do you earn monthly? What do you do?

Please be aware that there is a very real chance of being sent back if you go down this road.  If he doesn't have enough money to support himself immigratioin may feel that he's likely to look for work.  It can and does happen.

• Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »
Mindy is absolutely right.  A friend's girlfriend was bounced two weeks ago.  The silly thing, in casual conversation with the immigration officer, innocently asked "so what would I have to do if I wanted to work here?" and got shipped on the next plane home.  US nationals get bounced more than any other.

And as well as this, you also need to be aware that the rules are likely to change so that 3 month is the maximum that a visitor can stay.

Vicky

Sponsored Links