Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The UKY flag  (Read 5697 times)

Re: The UKY flag
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
Oy, are we still talking about this?  ::)  I believe all people guilty of asking the unthinkable or lack of serious research before posting have admitted defeat and backed off, can we be done now?

Riigght.  He was asked to ask permission from Leah, who owns the sight and spends a LOT of her own time, money and energy keeping it going. He didn't.  And then he got annoyed when it was pointed out to him.

You're right.  There's no more to be said about it.  It's fairly simple.

How do i go about getting permission to use this as a tattoo on my toosh?

AHAHAH I'm kidding.  But really, I almost did get it as one!  OK I'm exiting back to my side of the Atlantic where I belong ;)

AmyLOO! :)

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
How do i go about getting permission to use this as a tattoo on my toosh?
I was actually thinking about it too! Not on my tush though  ;D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »
Yeah it was going to be on my lower back, a little one and then Dave was like 'i hate tattos'

OKAY happy i didn't do that as a wedding present to him then LOL.

COME ON MINDY. You miss me ;)

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 05:18:11 PM »

COME ON MINDY. You miss me ;)

I truly do. :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »
Riigght.  He was asked to ask permission from Leah, who owns the sight and spends a LOT of her own time, money and energy keeping it going. He didn't.  And then he got annoyed when it was pointed out to him.

He prob didn't get a chance to read the post about requesting permission before he got a three-page lecture of how it reflects on his morals. If someone came at me that way, I'd be annoyed too. And I wouldn't be annoyed at being asked to request permission. I'd be hella annoyed at the way it was done.

Grownups don't lecture other grownups.  The way he's been talked to here by some people is unbelievably condescending and rude. I dare anyone to not get offended at being addressed like that.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 05:41:36 PM »
Why not just save the image from this site?   ???

http://www.uk-yankee.com/inc/img/newUKY2.jpg

You'll need to use an image editor to remove the text.

I kind of think Leah might not appreciate people stealing hers unless she tells us she got it free to use.

Ah cheers....managed it....couldn't manage to grab from the page at first

He had an hour to read the request which was right under Paul's link which he managed to read just fine.

Why is this such a big thing to you?  He was asked. He ignored it. Then people called him on it and he got angry.  Re-read the entire thread. No one was even particularly harsh with him.  There are no three page lectures.  I'm mystified why this has turned into such a hoo-haw.

Leah puts a lot of work and money into this sight.  A lot of people put in their free time trying to keep it running smoothly. The reason it's such a good resource and a friendly place is due entirely to the effort people put into keeping it that way.  What on earth is wrong with a little gratitude or politeness?

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Mort, I don't understand what you are on about. I am the mod who politely requested he ask Leah for permission to use the logo. I requested he ask for it on page one of this thread. He posted 2 posts down after me only acknowledging Paul's link. Leah replied on the same page thanking me for my request.

It all went pear-shaped after that. He asked if there was an issue and I told him what my opinion was. I made it clear it is a hot button issue for me but I really don't think I was particularly rude about it. I even used a smilie that I hoped indicated I was a bit perplexed by what he was asking to do.

I don't honestly believe he intended to use it for profit or anything like that. I think he's a nice guy from what I've read.

But, there are people on this site who do know and care about the legalities of image use, hotlinking, etc. We do try our best to adhere by them and you would see that in other threads, too.

x-posted with Mindy (thanks, you are probably more succinct than me!)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
Ok fair enough. When does the pilloring of Paul start then, for suggesting it?

What I'm "going on about" is that the pile-on on TykeMan is out of all proportion to what he's done.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:49:15 PM by Mort »
And if you threw a party

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
Paul should know better and he knows it I'm sure.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »
Ok fair enough. When does the pilloring of Paul start then, for suggesting it?

Seriously.  Why is this such a big deal to you?

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 05:52:05 PM »
Seriously.  Why is this such a big deal to you?

I dislike people ganging up on others. Very much. Three pages from WHEN HE REMOVED THE IMAGE you wrote a post that was disparaging of him. You think that's proportionate?

And if you threw a party

• all married n' stuff
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »
I dislike people ganging up on others. Very much. Three pages from WHEN HE REMOVED THE IMAGE you wrote a post that was disparaging of him. You think that's proportionate?

Amen.  That was my issue.
If you can't say something nice, say something constructive.  If you can't say something nice or constructive, go away.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 05:57:34 PM »
Who? Where?  ???

I see opinions and a discussion on image usage, but I don't see any ganging up. Unless you count more people agreeing that the image was not up for grabs as *ganging up*.

The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
Who? Where?  ???

I see opinions and a discussion on image usage, but I don't see any ganging up. Unless you count more people agreeing that the image was not up for grabs as *ganging up*.

You're right, Courtney. I used the wrong words. I meant "piling on." There's only so many ways and so many times you can accuse a person of stealing and not start to wonder what you think you're accomplishing.
And if you threw a party

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »

No, I didn't.  What I did was write a very simple summary of the entire thread when it was brought up yet again how unfair we were being.  What actually happened seems to have gotten lost in the 'who's ganging up on who' discussion.  Go back.  Read the entire thread.  It's extremely straight forward.  No ganging up.  No three page lectures.  I didn't accuse him of stealing.   I just pointed out that he should have and could have asked.  And I'm mystified why some people are so outraged that this has been pointed out to him.  Like I said, it doesn't sound like a great big issue to me.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab