Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Our 2nd scan  (Read 2679 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Our 2nd scan
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 03:32:08 PM »
Congrats honey!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 08:13:38 PM »
Congratulations! Welcome to the Little Boy Club... and for what it's worth, I love the name Wesley. ;)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 10:05:15 PM »
Aw, babies.  I don't have any yet.  I'm ok right now with two nephews ;D  Congratulations on the baby.  September is a good month ;)

And I agree with Marlespo, I like the name Wesley.  Jasper is incredibly cute too!
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14
6 ½ years later... :D

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 02:41:50 AM »
Congratulations [smiley=balloon.gif] ,I'm so happy for you & can't wait to see Pictures of the little one   :D
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 09:32:45 AM »
Remember to spell out the initials before picking a name!  That can be a poor child's undoing as much as the name itself.

For instance - my brother named his baby so the boy's initials are J A B.  Before the kid was born he's been "JAB-ba the baby" (as in Jaba the Hut from Star Wars - I know, we're a family of geeks!).

::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 12:18:46 PM »
Just to update you on the name debate (cause I am sure you are all dying to know!!) it is not going to be Wesley. We do like that name but it just sounds too much like a 6 foot 10 basketball player to me and this baby will be lucky if it reaches 5 foot ten. Have gone off Jasper since meeting a chihauhau (is that how you spell it? those annoying yappy little dogs) by that name. I still love Caspar but have been persauded against it by just about everyone I know.

However, I think we have found the right name now - Ethan. It came to me last night just as I was falling asleep, it is a good "solid" name, not too unusual but not too ordinary. It is also the name of one of Stu's friends who died a few years ago. Then this morning while I was in the shower (sorry in advance for the imagery that might conjour up in anyone's brain) Stu came in the bathroom  and said "what about Ethan?" !! So anyway I think that's it.

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2004, 04:01:53 PM »
 :o I am just in shock.  That has been the name I've always wanted to name my first son.  When my sister was pregnant I was trying to help her pick out names and I came up with 'Ethan', then immediately after that said, "How about Ethan Scott".  But I decided I liked it too much for myself.  Good thing she had another name in mind. :D

Congratulations on finding a name!  Like you said, its a good solid name. ;)
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you are sure they wont laugh if you trip." - Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum" - From an e-card I sent Craig when I was 14

• Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2004, 04:44:51 PM »
well great minds and Angels fans obviously think alike and have good taste!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2004, 05:03:46 PM »
I liked the name Ethan until the soap opera Passions started... ::)  :P
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2004, 05:42:52 PM »
I liked the name Ethan until the soap opera Passions started... ::)  :P

Oh Peedal, I just found this out the other day.  I tried to brush the person off by saying, "Yeah, well his middle name is going to be Scott, so it doesn't matter."  Then they told me thats the guys middle name on Passions.  I don't watch the show, so I called around everywhere trying to find out if this was true...I still haven't found out.  That REALLY is a dumb programme though >:(

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2004, 06:09:57 PM »
  Ethan love it hon!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  Ethan Hawke  [smiley=smitten.gif]

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2004, 09:55:37 PM »
I've never met a man named Ethan that I haven't liked. :) Gorgeous name for a gorgeous baby-to-be!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 01:38:17 AM »
Liz indeed Ethan is a wonderful name! :D I am wondering, is Feroz still the middle name? I think the two sound very nice together.

[smiley=kid.gif]

peace,

Samantha***

• California Dreamin'
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2004, 02:39:35 AM »
Oh Lizzie!!!  ;D

Ethan is wonderful and I'm so terribly jealous...no really, just thrilled for you guys!!

Brooke  :-*
Cake or death? Cake please!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2004, 05:11:06 AM »
I like the name Ethan! My son's middle name is Evan and I've often wondered why I made that his middle and not his first.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links