Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EC "TO ACC SPOUSE/CP" Valid until... six month?  (Read 1953 times)

Re: EC "TO ACC SPOUSE/CP" Valid until... six month?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 10:43:25 AM »
Good point.  In fact, that's a VERY good point.

In the on-going reorganization and merger of the BIA and the Foreign Office, it actually became reincarnated as the 'Americas Directorate'.  But people are still using the old-style nomenclature out of habit.  And how the Directorate will ultimately manifest once the merger is complete is anybody's guess.  Not even they know at this point.  But since the odds are that UKvisas (Or Borders International, or whatever) will emerge as a directorate in its own right, the future role of the Americas Directorate is less clear.  I wouldn't give out a fax number on the internet because we have been asked not to do that. 

So if you are having trouble finding someone to cc, then just go with the consulate.  If you had any difficulties with composing your text, you can post a redacted copy here.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »
I think the problem is actually finding a fax number for the consulate, is that right?  As far as I know, it's not possible to directly fax the consulate anymore...or actually, it's that they don't publicise the numbers.  When Worldbridge took over last year all contact information for the consulates (email form and fax) mysteriously disappeared from the BritainUSA site and was replaced with only an email form that goes to Worldbridge (not the consulate) and of course the premium rate phone numbers.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »
You are correct.

Yesterday I spend $12 of my hard worked money talking with those guys which had not clue about what I was asking about.

They finally settled by telling me "sometimes it happens"... it was a waste of both my time and my money.

I think they didn't represent the UK properly.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't contact the consulates directly anymore, if only because of such cases as yours.  In 2006 (before the whole worldbridge thing), I had a American friend who had the incorrect entry date printed on her student visa entry clearance.  Back then, you could email the consulate directly through the website, which she did, and they got back to her quickly and she was able to correct her entry clearance without any hassle.  Now?  It looks like you just have to take your chances with Worldbridge or pay more money to sort it out once you get to the UK, which is pretty poor customer service if you ask me.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »
Hi Springhaze,  behind the veil of PM I have promised to bring this issue to Stakeholder Management when I meet with them in June.

As always, if there's case profiles, they can be inordinately useful in resolving these types of advocacy issues...

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
Hi,

Just wanted to close this thread.

I've found a fax number, sent a fax, somebody from the British Consulate contated me within one hour and solved the issue. That's what I would call great, amazing service.

Thank you all,

PaulB

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted!
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab