Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Our Marriage Visa experience  (Read 494 times)

• Liked: 0
Our Marriage Visa experience
« on: May 01, 2008, 01:52:01 AM »
Yesterday Stuart and I received that all important email..... Your Visa Has Been Issued!!!! Thought I would take a minute and give a breakdown of how it went for us in hopes it might soothe some applicants fears.  I was terrified!!!
Stuart flew to Dallas with two of his friends on April 9th.  Both his friends got through immigration easily.  I asked them where Stu was and it was at that point I found that he had been held up in immigration.  Three hours later and many tears  Stuart made it through.
 It seems that when asked what he was doing in the USA he was honest (as we had both discussed and decided honesty is always the best route).  They told him that he needed a K-1 Visa.  He tried to explain to them that he did not want to settle here and that we intended to get married an then move to the UK.  After waiting three hours to speak to someone else in a little room they only asked why he was  here and let him through.  No apology.
We were married on April 13th.  We submitted our online application on April 16th.  The earliest available Biometrics appointment was on Friday April 25th. We decided to extend our honeymoon rather than have Stu fly home without me. Stu was due back on April 28th to work.  He called them and had his vacation extended to May 6. (really nice lady at a bank notarized every page of Stus passport for free).
  We sent all the paperwork (3 inch binder) off to the courier in NY on Friday April 25th at about 4pm.  The Courier received it on Monday April 28th at 1pm.  The Courier took it to the Embassy on Tuesday April 29th.  By 4:00pm we had received an email stating "your visa has been issued"!!!!!  The courier sent it to us the same day and the tracking number shows we should receive it in the morning!!!!
Thank you to everyone for the advice and direction.  It was a nerve wracking experience but well worth it.  This site has been invaluable.  We have booked tickets for tomorrow night and it looks like I should be in the UK at 10:35 on Friday May 1st!!!
Special thanks for those who posted lists and links to what they included in their binders.  I borrowed a little advice from everyone.  whoooohoooo I am on my way!!!!

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
  • Liked: 0
Re: Our Marriage Visa experience
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:06:01 AM »
Congrats and good luck (may 1st is today) lol our 2nd wedding aniversary is tomorrow the second. Congrats to both of you.

Indy ;D
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab