Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Length of visa granted to Tier 1 applicants under new points-based system  (Read 512 times)

• Liked: 0
With my circumstances, I would JUST barely clear the 75 point minimum.

35    for having an MA
5      for the MA being done in the UK
20    for being under 28 at the time of application
15    for having a salary just over £20,000

So, as I understand it, I think I would be eligible for the Tier 1 category to get a visa. But, I was wondering about a couple things

-How long is that work visa good for?
-If I have to reapply again when it runs out, would it be an automatic renewal sort-of-thing, or would I have to requalify all over again for the points?

I would be over 28 at that point and so could not hit 75 points again without a significant salary increase (which unfortunately is very unlikely).

Any information would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

"Comme un soleil de fin de siècle / Qui se couche entre tes bras / Demain je m'en irai peut-être"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
If you are applying under Tier 1 then it will be valid for three years.  On extending they give you leeway with the age change, but you do have to do the points qualification again.

Vicky

Hmm. Thank you!

What do you mean by leeway?
"Comme un soleil de fin de siècle / Qui se couche entre tes bras / Demain je m'en irai peut-être"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
I mean there is a different points assessment for age when doing extensions, so that you are not penalised for getting older.

This is all in the guidance notes.

Vicky

Thank you so much, Victoria!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab