Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: i totally have a spouse visa!  (Read 1133 times)

• Liked: 0
i totally have a spouse visa!
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »
hey all!!!
i just wanted to tell you that i got my visa!!!!!
i didnt post on the process due to some sort of superstition,but ive got it in my hands now and i leave tuesday!!!
i just wanted to thank you all for all the advice!!! good or bad,and anything i did or didnt want to hear!i took everything into account and every bit of it helped me to get a strong application together!
it was so intense,i applied online on the 21st and was shocked to find that the next biometrics appointment was may 6th which is the date that my already bought ticket was for...so i kinda freaked out and was on the phone all day trying to contact the indianapolis biometrics place which is not possible..but i did get in touch with the national phone number and they directed me to the website to make an appointment online.so i got up on thursday the 24th and drove to indy prepared to beg and plead to get my stuff done then and was expecting to get turned away.not the case at all,at the department of homeland security in indy they are all gems (or to me they were) even the security guards that were poking fun at me for having so much stuff in my purse! they did my biometrics and i was out in 15 minuets! then i drove to the nearest fed ex and sent that to the courier in chicago(perry international) who got it and took it on friday the 25th to the consulate!
so every day this last week i called and the guy told me to keep calling back the next day...i was obviously getting a bit worried and was totally prepared to change my ticket  at the very last minute on may 5th but yesterday i got the call saying i was approved!!!
i could not $@&^*!& believe it!!!!!!!!
i was so scared!!!
at no point did the consulate contact me about anything.
for the record i got bounced last year but did get a temp addmission for 12 days,and we do not have alot of money..like ive got about 2500$ and ricky has about 1300 pounds.i have a job offer and will start work but ricky wasnt getting hours do to his place of employment changing ownership lack of hours etc...he started going to a temp agency every day to get work to maintain finances etc...like the day before i sent my stuff in.
so we were pretty worried!
but WE GOT IT! i will see my husband ricky on wed in prague for the first time in 5 months and we will then fly to edinburgh on the 13th!!!
hell yeah!
again thank you ALL!every last one of you! :D :) :) ;)
so happy!
michelle
A pleasant deportation to citizenship!

Re: i totally have a spouse visa!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 09:45:13 PM »
Congratulations Michelle.  You worked so hard for that visa and definatly deserve it.  Enjoy your new life with your husband  :)

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »
I'm SO happy for you! YAY!!

Congrats on your visa and enjoy seeing your hubbie :)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
thank you!
i feel so crazy!!! i did indeed work hard and im still working till tomorrow!!!stupid graduation weekend in college town!but worked hard on many levels,the visa obsession is over!now onto the next step!which i must say should be easier at least cos we will be together!
yay!

• Proud US/UK citizen & Royal Marine Commando Wife!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
Congratulations, Lucy!!!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 10:13:13 PM »
Wonderful news!
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

• all married n' stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »
So happy for you!  Congratulations!
If you can't say something nice, say something constructive.  If you can't say something nice or constructive, go away.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 01:08:48 AM »
OMG!  Congratulations!  Doesn't it feel so good?   Good luck to you and your hubby!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »
Congrats!  ;D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 03:19:35 AM »
Wow what a roller coaster ride to get there, but you got it! I almost cried reading your post, can't imagine the stress you were going through and the relief now that you are on your way! A big congratulations to you and your husband!  :D
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 06:26:06 AM »
thank you all so much!!!
i forgot to mention that on monday last week when i called my courier he said it would be ready by tuesday?!!! so when i asked him if it was approved he said he didnt see why it wouldnt be?
so then on tuesday he said no visa yet...then he told me on wed that if i didnt hear anything on thursday to change my ticket.which i thankfully did not do...but man,i dont really want to sh*t talk perry international ( chicago) but they did not do a very good job of making me feel ok about everything.and i dont really feel like i got consistent answers...oh well,when he did finally call me to tell me it was approved i think i might have said i loved him?i dont really remember.it feels like a total blur now!

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »
Congrats  ;D

Indy and Sonya
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »
Congrats!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »
Congrats.  What a relief!

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 06:27:37 AM »
Congratulations! It's Tuesday almost, I can imagine how excited you must be! I hope you enjoy your new life with your hubby!

Sponsored Links