Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need some advice on applying for husbands visa!  (Read 387 times)

• Liked: 0
Need some advice on applying for husbands visa!
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
My husband is from the USA and I'm from the UK. We have a little girl who is 4 months old and she is a duel citizen. Neither of us has a visa for either country yet. I work as a carer for my grandparents so I claim Income Support, Carers Allowance and Child Tax Credit. I'll still be working as a carer and going to college to study nursing in september.

Will my benifits effect my husband being able to get a visa in the UK? My grandparents and I have a verbal agreement that I live with them I pay them £200 a month for food/rent but it's cash in hand. I wouldn't need to pay anymore for him to live with us. We don't have a tenancy agreement.

What proof do I need? Will a bank statement suffice since I don't get pay stubs? My passport is still in my maiden name right now as I haven't had the money to replace it yet. I can attend the interview with my husband and can take the time off work to go.

Thanks so much for reading,
~A.
Love our baby girl born Jan 3rd 08

• Paul & Terri O'Neale
    • Special Start Birth
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need some advice on applying for husbands visa!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:30:40 AM »
First of all, there is no in person interview. In fact, much of the time there isn't an interview at all. If they have questions about your application or it is randomly selected, then they arrange a time for a phone interview. So that is one expense you won't need.

In terms of proof, they list what you need on the visa site. But I think that it would be advisable to get your arrangement in terms of living conditions in writing. You will also need to consider if there is sufficient room for one more person. To prove that you can get a letter (I think it is from the council, but someone will chime in if I'm wrong) stating how many people those accommodations can handle. Another way and the one we used when I moved over and we stayed with my in-laws is to draw a lay-out of the flat/house with approximate measurements. It does not need to be perfect though.

In terms of the benefits thing you can receive them but you need to show that he won't need them. You can do that by showing that he or you have savings until he can find a job...and showing that he is employable by including a CV and/or listings for jobs which he is qualified.

Good Luck.
Terri P O'Neale

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Need some advice on applying for husbands visa!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:54:40 PM »
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=43059.msg601473#msg601473

It might have been easier to continue with the old thread rather than starting a new one.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab