Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for ILR before standard 2 years need advice!  (Read 2608 times)

Re: Applying for ILR before standard 2 years need advice!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
It depends upon when you read the rules.

In Januaryl 2007 the long-term provisions were struck from the rules, and so they did not appear on the BIA site.  After a difficult process which is all detailed in the archives here at UKY, the long term-provision was restored.  That was in about April 2007.

They have been there ever since and I'm sure because I make archival copies every month.

When did you read the immigration rules for spouses that the long-term provision was absent?  If they disappeared for a short period, it wouldn't surprise me. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
We had been looking into if for about a year before the move, so that would have been in either January or February of last year.  And we then had that thing about how to take the test as a visitor because we had very mixed answers on it that was ok or not and by the time that was sorted and ok'd, I didn't have time to do so because we got into the holidays and then I applied shortly after that.  It isn't the end of the world if I wait, but I just have all the things together that I would need and I know we have considerably less things in our name here than we did in the states because we are still living with his parents.  So it would be easy to just get it done right away.  Also, like I said, the employment issue.  I'm not sure how employers feel about hiring someone permanently when they only hold a 2 year visa.  I don't want that to hold me back because we intend to stay. 

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »
Okey-doke.

I'll get a reading on this and get back to you.  Possibly by the 21st...

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 09:59:35 AM »
Thanks Garry, I just didn't know what to do!

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
Reading on this:  Favourable.  You're good to go. 

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
Interesting discussion. We're in almost exactly the same situation. UKY enlightens the dark provided by the immigration authorities once again!  ;D
- Matt

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
Seriously?  I can get the test done and apply and just make sure to state everything about why I'm skipping the 2 years??  That would be fabulous!! 

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Interesting discussion. We're in almost exactly the same situation. UKY enlightens the dark provided by the immigration authorities once again!  ;D
Are you in the UK right now and getting ready to do this??  Just wondered because I'm going to give it a try if possible soon I hope and wondered if you've already pursued it?

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 05:18:01 AM »
we have been married for over 11 years so when we apply for my wifes visa [hopefuly some time this year when our house sells] do we have to send in over 4years of bank statements and tax returns and our morage  papers because we only keep 1 years of bank papers.so we can apply for ILR BEFORE THE 2YEARS ,like alot of people this gets very confusing when you read different thinks on this, i would be very grateful if some one could list what you need for this visa. thank you
Graham

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
we have been married for over 11 years so when we apply for my wifes visa [hopefuly some time this year when our house sells] do we have to send in over 4years of bank statements and tax returns and our morage  papers because we only keep 1 years of bank papers.so we can apply for ILR BEFORE THE 2YEARS ,like alot of people this gets very confusing when you read different thinks on this, i would be very grateful if some one could list what you need for this visa. thank you

You don't need to show 4 years worth of paper work.  I sent in copies of my tax returns for the last four years, a letter from our two banks stating we've held a joint account with each of them since 2002, and our rental lease signed in 2003.

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
another reason why you may want ILR is to be eligable for home school fees.  although there's still a residencey requirement- so not sure if it helps you all that much.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »
Are you in the UK right now and getting ready to do this??  Just wondered because I'm going to give it a try if possible soon I hope and wondered if you've already pursued it?

Yes, we're already here. Haven't pursued it yet, but after reading this thread I've been looking into it.
- Matt

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 08:19:28 AM »
Just found this thread and am in a similar situation. Applied for visa and entered in March. Married more than 4 years to hubby at time of visa application, but didn't have the KOL or time to do it as a visitor.  Based on the info in this thread, my visa endorsement is one that just requires KOL, and then ILR can be sought at any time in the 2 years. 

This was news to me as there was no information/notation with my visa to indicate this was the case.  I saw the 2 yr forward expiry date, and thought, ah well, have to wait like everyone else.  Now I guess this isn't so. 

Just as an FYI, I sent in lots of documentation from across the 7 year span of our marriage so far, including copies of tax returns, etc. and in the covering letter, I did ask if based on the relevant provisions if I could be granted ILE subject to KOL (or something to that effect).

So anyway, I am going to swot up on my Life in the UK test book and try to take my test ASAP so I can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.  Would the same Set M forms be used for this?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab