Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: fitness area  (Read 4864 times)

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
Re: fitness area
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 11:42:36 PM »
This is great!!!  Man, I'd better make sure I check read everything or I'll miss something good.   Thanks for agreeing to moderate, Michele.  I know my fiance would thank you...now he won't have to listen to me yap about worrying about gaining weight, etc. etc. !!! ;D

Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 11:49:47 PM »
Congrats Shel, you're going to do a fantastic job I'm sure.

:-*
You're a daisy if you do........

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2002, 04:40:46 AM »
:) I would soooo be interested in something like this..it has gotten to the point that my dog and I lay around on the couch sharing digestive biscuits, and sweatpants are my fav mode of clothing.  Perhaps we could train for a marathon walk, or run, depending on your level of fitness.  Count me in, I have gained 2 stones in 2 years.....this could lead to something ugly!! Maureen/jam
Maureen/jammie

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2002, 04:33:45 PM »
aaaahhh just what i need to get motivative...A SUPPORT GROUP!!  ... but any ideas how i can fit beer, wine, chocolate and my husbands great cookin into a great weight loss plan,

« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 04:34:46 PM by ItsBcoz »
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2002, 04:39:17 PM »
Dang Pam, I'd have thought cleaning up after your husbands fabulous cooking alone would keep you in tip top shape  [smiley=devilish.gif]

Hee Hee.....
You're a daisy if you do........

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2002, 03:20:45 PM »
Thank you all for the vote of confidence...

I will do my best to make it a good and fun club...LOL

Suggestions and thoughts are always welcomed here... knowing it is only a few weeks to the new year...  I hope all have a great holiday and not worry too much at this time of fitness...  Unless they wish too of course...[smiley=wink3.gif]
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
This is great! I need to lose a stone (14 lbs). I'm going to the gym and mostly doing weight training and getting my cardio work in by going to 2 aerobics classes a week.
I'm fit but fat!  ;)
I need ya'll to tell me to get off my butt and keep going to classes and the gym and not let 44 lbs (that's what I lost 34 years ago) all go back on!!!!!
Let us somehow survive Christmas and New Years together!!!
Susan  ;D

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2003, 04:09:17 PM »
Were has everybody gone to?  It has become like a ghost town in here...  Is there no one out here that wishes to share support and information in the fit and healthy area besides Wench (bless her soul)?

Summer is coming...  I know england may not be the best place for bathingsuits... but travel places are...  

who has some good ideas on helping to get out of the midwinter slugs and get people moving?  Anyone?  I know I could use a few extra pushes...  living in the deep artic winter of Maryland this year makes it very hard to get motivated...  too busy trying to keep warm...

I have even started juicing lately to push some energy inside of me...  also, waiting for a beginners book of Yoga to come...  with hopes of learning to release natural energy... and reading a book on meditation...  not sure any of this will work...  but I know I need to do something to push forward...

What is the best way to pre-prepare yourself for long walks?  are there special exercises?  what can build your stamina during the winter months when weather keeps you indoors?
I really could use some help and or tips here as a novice walker.

Does anyone in here do Yoga...  reading about it and hearing different things from others tells me that yoga is something I reallly really wish to learn...but it is not that easy to start at...  tapes are geared for people that know the moves somewhat... and classes are VERY expensive here... what is the best way to begin yoga?  and is there a way to get involved without having to take classes?

shel

depths of our soul!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2003, 02:38:55 PM »
Hey there, i'm in the same boat as you. I was interested in doing yoga, but couldn't fit it into my daily routine with the tots and besides, the courses are a fiver each over here and only one day a week. I don't see that doing much good. I still run but I am limited with the cold, ice, dark, etc so I wanted something that I could do instead.

So I bought a yoga video.  You really have to do it everyday (or at least 5x a week) to see a difference but I cannot believe how hard it is!  I approached it with a bit of smugness after running and all that - but damn, it is hard and especially on the upperbody. It really gets your arms and shoulders in good shape. And the best bit is...it's done wonders for my stomach - the very bad area of my body after two 10 lb babies.  Basically a disaster zone.  I really enjoy it alot and look forward to it. Just wish I could take a proper course as you do get a bit tired of the same dialogue day after day.

I can't really prescribe to the meditation bit of it - not with two kids running thru my legs and all that, but I would definitely recommend it.  You don't get sweaty and winded too much but at the end, you can definitely feel you've done something and you have the comfort of knowing that you are working on ALL areas of your body.  Not just the lower half.

Hope that helps a bit?
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2003, 04:54:48 PM »
yes hopster, it does help...

I am really looking forward to learning the meditation part of it all... (sadly I have no little ones to disrupt there) I think that is an age thing though...  when you become middle aged... (at least me) you are constantly in search of finding answers to who you are and why are we here...  I keep gravitating to meditation and the tranquility of the mind...  either that or menopause is making me think of the philosophy for life...LOL

for now though I am kinda stuck with books because I can not see any sense in buying a video until I am in the UK.  Books are great...but they make it difficult to see if you are in correct position.

Does a "fiver" mean five pound sterling?  if so that is a nice price compared to here...and although only 1 class per week...It may give me the techniques of skills needed to do on my own the other days.

I also just ordered a book called Yoga Walker...  it is for people that love to walk...  it includes routines to add yoga into your walks...  sounds very interesting...  look forward to receiving it.

I have recently found that in one of my juicing books it states that fresh carrot juice and a small amount of fresh parsley juice is a natural appetite supressant...  pretty cool eh?

speaking of walking...it is almost 10am here at work...time for me to get my legs moving around this base.  We are having a balmy day here for first time this winter so far...  50 deg is the call for today...  total heat wave.

shel
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 05:02:50 PM by mfredericka »
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links