Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NIN and registering our marraige  (Read 412 times)

• Liked: 0
NIN and registering our marraige
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:27 PM »
Well, we're in the UK now... no issues at customs, and our Visa's were stamped. Now that we're here and have gotten through the jet lag, I'm not really sure what to do. I know that we need National insurance numbers, but have no idea where to apply for one.

Also, do we have to register our marraige here? I'm calling the schools tomorrow to see when and how to register the kids, but have no clue as to what I need for that process.

Thanks a bunch

Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide to the future.

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
Re: NIN and registering our marraige
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
You don't have to register your marriage. You can get your NI numbers from your local Job Centre Plus. This website explains the process...http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/ni_number.asp
I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
Re: NIN and registering our marraige
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »
With the schools just call your local ones and they will tell you to call the education department you can get the number off the school or the internet.

You need to call the social security department for an appointment you will need to show that you have called for jobs, ie letters off the companies or job adds (just call and ask for an application form) you need to show proof your looking unless you have a job already and just take in the job offer letter and proof of address and passports.

Good luck

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab