Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR and Work  (Read 784 times)

• Liked: 0
FLR and Work
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »

My wife who is here on a FLR started a new job today. She showed Personnel her passport and Visa etc and she was told she was not entitled to work.  This is obviously not the case and this is the first time she has had this problem. 

Can somebody please point me to where it officially states that you are entitled to work on a FLR.

Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

• Paul & Terri O'Neale
    • Special Start Birth
Re: FLR and Work
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »
I have had this issue in the past too. The advice I was given and that wroked for me is to go to the UK visa page for the spousal visa and print it out. It says on there that you are entitled to live and work in the UK. I highlighted that and gave it to them. No problem.
Terri P O'Neale

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
I can't actually see anything on the site which says this!  Did she have a letter with her approval which sets these things out?

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
I can't actually see anything on the site which says this!  Did she have a letter with her approval which sets these things out?

Vicky

When I got my FLR visa I was given a piece of paper that stated what I was and wasnt allowed to do on this visa.  I've just shown my passport and if theres further questions that piece of paper and have been fine.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
ok - thanks.

I dont think we have this letter now - careless i know!
She has been working for over a year and has a NI number etc.  Presumably the Home Office can confirm her status? 

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »
This page says you have permission to work.  Hope that helps?

"When your husband, wife or civil partner arrives in the United Kingdom, he/she will be given permission to live and work here for two years."

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/husbandwifecivilpartner/

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »
I used to give my spouses a letter that explained chapter and verse about their ability to take on employment.  I always cited the relevant rules, and included the number from HO to call for more information. 

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
Thanks guys - that's perfect.

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »
I used to give my spouses a letter that explained chapter and verse about their ability to take on employment.  I always cited the relevant rules, and included the number from HO to call for more information. 

Yes, that's what I do.

Vicky

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
Is there anything that states you are okay to continue working after your spousal visa expires if you are waiting for your ILR application to be approved?

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »
Yes, that's what I do.

So send the OP one of those and we're done and dusted.   :D

• Liked: 70
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »
Is there anything that states you are okay to continue working after your spousal visa expires if you are waiting for your ILR application to be approved?

Yes.  I had to use it because I just switched jobs 6 weeks before my ILR expires.  I printed it, highlighted it, and turned it over to my HR dept with the copy of my visa when they thought they were going to hire me. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/

*What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
      If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »
Thanks!

• Banned

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 11:03:37 AM »
So send the OP one of those and we're done and dusted.   :D

Which I will do if the OP wants me to.  I do it for free for clients, but have to charge for others.

Vicky

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:22 PM »
She doesn't happen to be working for TK Maxx, does she?  They gave me SUCH a hard time about mine.
Maroon Passport Club!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab