Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help!  (Read 681 times)

• Liked: 0
Help!
« on: May 05, 2004, 09:14:31 AM »
Hello Out There!
I have been reading all these threads and still seem a bit confused. I am a US citizen married to a Kiwi/Brit. He got his residency last year in April. However, he has not received an SS# yet.
I think I need to fill out:
1040A
2555 ez or regular ?

We are applying for an extension for his Green Card so he can stay in the US. However, what forms does he need to fill out?
The same as above?
All our income is from the UK.
Also, I forgot to file my 2002 tax return, can I do it at the same time?
I reckon I need the same forms as above, but could be wrong. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!! You;ll get my undying gratitude :)

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 11:40:34 AM »
Hi there

I am not clear as to where you are currently resident. In the UK?

You said your husband got residency last April. Residency of where? UK or US? When did you get married? Has your husband ever lived in the US?

Perhaps it will be quicker if you just give me a call to discuss your situation. You can reach me on 0208 466 9297 during office hours.

Helen
HT TAX (US & UK Tax Services)
e-mail:h.tanhaie@ntlworld.com

Re: Help!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:40:42 PM »
Hi Helen,
Sorry about that. We are living here at the moment. We got married in 2001. I have filed 2001 taxes and 2002. He got his green card in 2003 and we are moving this year. However, he still needs to fill out taxes in case we need to extend the period of stay outside the US. He hasn't received the SS#, which I am trying to chase up SS office for. We have traveled to the states 2 times since he has received his green card so it is still active.
I will call you though during office hours. Is next week okay?
Thank you ,
Lisa

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab