Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ONS Update  (Read 404 times)

ONS Update
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »
One of the really righteous things Parliament did last year was to take the Office of National Statistics (ONS) away from the Government.  And they didn't use a dull knife either.  The dust from this change is now settling and they are getting in to high gear on responsiveness to public needs.

People at UKY use the ONS regional household reports to anchor their household budgets to realistic figures and to show they have been diligent in planning their new lives in the UK. 

Everything is very favourable, but it's a good time to make a backup of the regional numbers because changes of this sort always preceed a site redesign.  And that means everything will be in chaos for about 6 weeks.  A word to the wise...

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: ONS Update
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »
Garry, the site was redesigned months ago. The same data is available that always was available. I haven't had any trouble finding datasets or downloading reports.

Once you get past the home page, it's pretty much exactly the same.

Is something new happening? I can't imagine that they would suddenly deny access to the data. There are people (like me) who use ONS data all the time for business or academic reasons.

There is actually a link to the full report and dataset for regional trends on the front page.

Re: ONS Update
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:17:46 PM »
Yes, but the redesign last winter was for something else. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab