Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question on Housing Letter for Council Housing  (Read 446 times)

• Me and My Baby!
  • Liked: 0
Question on Housing Letter for Council Housing
« on: May 23, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
I have been gathering all of the documents I will need for my Spousal Visa Application which we will be applying for in June from the US.  Regarding the needed documentation for council housing which my fiance lives in due to being disabled, I am unsure if what the council has supplied us will be sufficient for the application.

After speaking with the Council Housing Services, they mailed us a form to fill out adding myself and my daughter as lodgers.  Today, I received this reply from Council:

Dear Mr .....:

RE:  Notification of Lodgers

I acknowledge receipt of the information concerning lodgers who have moved into your dwelling, namely Eva .... and Morgan ....

As you know formal consent is not required for lodgers in accordance with the Housing Act 1985 but I should be obliged if you would keep me informed when or if the lodgers leave your dwelling or of any other changes in occupancy.

Yours sincerely,

Housing Officer

Will this be satisfactory to show we have permission to live in his council home with him if our visa application is approved?  Do we also need them to confirm that it is a two bedroom house so they are certain there is no overcrowding?  Can anyone else do the overcrowding bit for us as .. we are having a hard time communicating and recieving what we need from the local council. 

Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks

Eva :)

• Banned

Re: Question on Housing Letter for Council Housing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
You don't need consent from the council.  Just the lease agreement.  You do need consent from the folks you're staying with...

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:55:36 PM »
You don't need consent from the council.  Just the lease agreement.  You do need consent from the folks you're staying with...

Since the home is owned by the council I think they do need to show that the "owners" of the home have granted permission for her to move in.  Just as someone who is privately renting a home needs to show that they have permission.

I am not sure if that letter is sufficent, but I am sure others will be along soon. 

You still have time if you need to get something else.

Good luck!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:06:15 PM »
That's right.  As the owners of the property the Council need to confirm either that they give permission or that you don't need permission, which they have, so this letter is fine.

Assuming that it is just two of you living in the property, you don't need anything else.

Vicky

• Me and My Baby!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their help :)

Vicky, will I also need something showing that the house is a two bedroom able to accomodate me, my fiance and my 13 year old daughter or should this letter be sufficent for that as well. 

Thanks again for all the help .. you guys really are the BEST!

Eva ;D

• http://www.paoperations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
You aren't lodgers your living as a family and its just a letter confirming your ok to live together if it is a council property.

Indy
I hope we get better weather with the new year I am getting rained out.

Good luck to everyone with respective visa applications.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »
As you have another person living there then you will need to prove that it is big enough.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab