Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK visa spouse applications and addresses  (Read 405 times)

• Liked: 0
UK visa spouse applications and addresses
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »
My fiance and I have hit a bit of a conundrum. He needs to move to a larger place prior to my moving to the UK. We haven't applied for the UK visa yet, and he's worried that a different address reflected on his passport would cause a problem with our interview/visa process. From what I've read on the UK consulate's website the only information needed is a lease/deed. Utility papers and mail is not needed (from what I've read) to prove residency at that location. And, I believe the passport is only needed to prove he is a UK citizen (not much focus on the physical address).

The problem is that my fiance was approved for a US fiance visa, and now we've decided it might be better to move to the UK. His visa allows him one time entry into the US. So we have to be pretty efficient on how we do this.

I'm "thinking" that he can find us a place, and get the lease. Then we can apply, and get our appointment time frame. Once we know the date/time of our interview...we can both collect the other documentation needed for the appointment, and he can fly here. We can be married, and then go to our appointment with the consulate the same week.

He's thinking that he'll have to first fly here for us to be married. Then fly back to the UK ...move to the new address, and wait until he begins getting some sort of mail showing his updated address, and update his address on his passport prior to our applying for the visa. Then we'll have to work some arrangement out with the US so that he can re-enter the country for our appointment.

I don't think the UK consolate will even look twice at his passport address, provided we bring them a lease. It's not uncommon for married couples to move to a larger more accomodating place.  I think by doing it his way, we'd be making the whole process more difficult than it actually is?! To me it's like taking 2+2 = 4, and turning into an algebra equation for no reason. (But, I could be wrong!)

I hope that I haven't confused everyone writing this, and I am sorry for the length. But, I'd love to hear from people who has actually been through this process, and has a fairly good idea of what degree of difficulty we're really looking at. Basically it's just his address on his passport won't match the address on the deed/lease...do you think that'd pose a major problem?

Thank you!!!!!

Re: UK visa spouse applications and addresses
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »
I'm confused about the mention of a "passport address"...as far as I know they don't print your address on a British passport (just looked at DH's to make sure!) Unless you're talking about an emergency contact address that you have to write in, in which case it's not worth worrying about.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »
You know what?!?! Thank you for saying that, because I just had to check my US passport, and it doesn't have an address listed on it either!!! I guess Michael's thinking that they have his address on file somewhere when he applied for his passport..I'm going to have to ask him about that. Now, I feel like an idiot! LOL

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
When you move (within the UK) you don't have to notify anyone of a change of address do you?

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »
When you move (within the UK) you don't have to notify anyone of a change of address do you?

No

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
Is there a particular need to move now or can he wait until you are here?  Will his current place not fit the requirements?

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab