Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shake up for the Work Permit Scheme  (Read 435 times)

• Nearly British
  • Liked: 0
Shake up for the Work Permit Scheme
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:21 AM »
Hello friends,

I received an email from Breytenbachs (an agency my employers went through for my visa) and I wanted to share.

"UK Immigration - An essential update for employers

Dear Client,
As per our previous communication to you, the UK Government is in the process of overhauling the UK Immigration system in what promises to be the biggest shake-up in forty years.

As part of this shake-up, the current Work Permit Scheme will be replaced by Tier 2 of the new Points-Based Immigration System by autumn of 2008. Under the new Tier 2, an employer would first need a license from the UK Border Agency in order to employ citizens from outside the European Economic Area, who would require work permits.

Currently, it seems that the UK Home Office is very concerned about the fact that very few UK employers have registered with the UK Border Agency to obtain a license.

Following the publishing of the Statement of Intent on Tier 2 setting out the basis for the proposed Sponsorship Licensing system, the Border & Immigration Agency has received a number of comments from interested parties and stakeholders. As a result of this, it is anticipated that there will be some changes to the proposed Licensing application form.

Our Consultant will be attending a meeting with the Head of Sponsorship Licensing next week, and we will provide further advice to clients with regards to Licensing applications as soon as possible thereafter, and once the necessary information has been made available.

At this stage, clients are advised not to proceed with filing Licensing applications until we provide further advice and information.

We will contact you again as soon as a decision by the UK Border and Immigration Agency has been made."

I'll keep you updated on anything else I hear. Has anyone been aware of this?

Best,
Jo
I'm Here

July 2007: UK Work Permit Allocated
July 2007: Moved to the UK
Nov 2013: ILR
Jan 2015: Application for Naturalisation Submitted

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Shake up for the Work Permit Scheme
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
Has anyone been aware of this?

Yes.  We have known for about 18 months that this was happening.

Vicky

Re: Shake up for the Work Permit Scheme
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
I'll keep you updated on anything else I hear. Has anyone been aware of this?

And I am attending the same meeting next week as your consultant, where the Head of Sponsorship Licensing will give a talk. 

Thanks for posting this castabear.  In these changing times it can never hurt to have as much info as possible.

Sponsored Links