Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee visa application question  (Read 678 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiancee visa application question
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:21:39 AM »
Ok, I've scoured the forum and haven't found an answer to this, though I think I may already know it.  I just want to make sure.  I was refused entry into the UK early May so I know I check yes on the question about being denied entry.  They did let me out of the airport for a single night, and kept my passport, because my flight home wasn't until the following day.  So, do I answer yes on the question that asks "Have you ever been deported‚ removed or otherwise required to leave the UK?"  My guess is that I answer yes to this, but again, I want to make exactly sure.

Also, (a bit random) I'm filling the application out and it's not allowing me to type the letter "t" in any of the fields.  I can type it everywhere else on my computer.  I'm having to copy a "t" and paste it wherever I need one to be.  A little strange.  Could it be my browser? Or has this been an issue lately?

Re: Fiancee visa application question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
Hi,
Not sure about the 't' issue. As far as your denial of entry (officially 'temporary admission'), that does not constitute deportation or removal, as you were not officially 'in' the country in the first place. I am pretty sure you answer 'no' for that question.
But perhaps someone with a bit more expertise can confirm this?
Good luck!!!!  ;)

Diana

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
The same thing happened to me with the "t"s!  I didn't think to switch browsers and I was only filling the form out for a practice run so it wasn't a huge problem.  It was definitely not my computer's fault as the problem went away when I filled out the application "for real" a week or so later.

As far as your other question, in my unexpert opinion I would agree with diana_jean11.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
diana_jean11 and Andee, if she received a TA, she would put it down along with the reference number of her IS151.  Failure to do so exposes her to the new HC321 grounds where there's a 10 year ban for deception.

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »
Oh, so sorry!  Glad you saw this garry, I'd feel terrible if she got into trouble on account of my misinformation.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
But was it a refusal of entry only, and not a removal?  I would agree that it probably was just a refusal of entry.  However, cover your back, put a copy of the notice you got, and explain on a cover letter.

Vicky

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:45:34 PM »
The form I have is an IS82A.  A notice of refusal of leave to enter.  Not sure what a TA is, but I don't have any of the forms or the particular type of reference number that the application asked for when I checked yes that I had been removed.  I was only questioning it because technically I was allowed into the country for the night, though I wasn't given any paperwork to show that.

Thanks for your help.  I am so appreciative for this site. I can't even explain.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:12 PM »
The form I have is an IS82A.  A notice of refusal of leave to enter.  Not sure what a TA is, but I don't have any of the forms or the particular type of reference number that the application asked for when I checked yes that I had been removed.  I was only questioning it because technically I was allowed into the country for the night, though I wasn't given any paperwork to show that.

The IS82A is a refusal also, it is also a removal direction and identifies you as an individual subject to detention. 

Your TA (temporary admission) allowed you to spend the night, and indeed you were in the UK.  *BUT* this sort of admission is not leave to enter as it is defined in the Immigration Act of 1971, and your status was an individual who is subject to detention. 

Attempting to portray it as otherwise is most emphatically not recommended.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
Garry is right...but just to make clear, it isn't going to make a material difference to your application.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab