Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 282c endorsement  (Read 478 times)

• Liked: 0
282c endorsement
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
First, thank you to everyone for all the information. I'm sending off our application next week for a spouse visa and I would NEVER have thought to ask for a 282c endorsement. So, THANKS everyone!!!

Our situation is that we have been married 6.5 years outside the US, so should qualify. I wondered what counts as proof of cohabitation? We have 2 kids together aged 4 and 18 months. Would their birth certificates with both our names on them, be considered proof that we are a genuine couple? Should I include some photos (I feel a bit silly doing that!)? We've had the same bank account since we moved to the US, and it's joint, so would print outs from the bank do the job? And finally, do we just write on a cover letter that we want the 282c endorsement? Is that the way to get it?

Thank you!!

Re: 282c endorsement
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:55:57 PM »
My advice would be to avoid using '282c endorsement' in favour of the official term, which I don't know what it is.  And I don't know anybody who DOES know what it is.  Give us some time on that one.

Vicky is ok for a 282c doc check.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: 282c endorsement
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:14:52 PM »
I would advise on the same documents which were needed for ILE applications before the change, and I did a fair few of those.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab