Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone know a good New York courier service?  (Read 403 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone know a good New York courier service?
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
Hey,

Thanks to VictoriaS' awesome help we've just submitted my wives online spouse visa application, her biometrics appointment is next Friday (nerves have already kicked in).

Can anyone recommend a good NY courier service?  I've done a search on this site and A1 Passport and Its Easy seem to coming up? 

Thanks in advance for any experiences/info advice people have, it really is very much appreciated.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Anyone know a good New York courier service?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
Next Friday!  Wow, that is great...so much better than other parts of the US!

Fingers crossed!

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
I spoke to it's easy and they didn't seem to know what they were talking about! I spoke to someone from travco and they seemed much more on the ball.

Got to say, like Vicky, that you're lucky wiht your biometrics. We applied a week or so ago and only got an appointment for July.

Let us know if you do use a courier and if you're happy with them.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:59:52 PM »
if you can, just go to the biometrics centre and see if they can see you straight away.  Several people have done that and been successful.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »
We were going to do that, but we've decided to try our luck on the ILE route, so my husband is flying to the UK to do the KOL test (crazy that even a high season return flight to the UK still leaves us quids in compared to the visa+ILR route  :o).  I hope this loophole works out for us but in any case a trip to the UK for him is very useful in tems of starting to get things in place for our move.

So in the end, it worked out OK having a biometrics appointment next month! We decided to send in our younger daughter's UK passport application first and get that over and done with, so in any case some of our essential documentation is tied up there for the time being and this gives us time to get the KOL certificate and send it in.

• TV geek for hire
    • Mclevey Art
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 10:11:50 PM »
I used Help U Travel (http://www.hutctours.com/) and they were great. One of the least expensive of those I called, and they did well with next day turnaround (couldn't do same day because I dropped off my stuff too late in the day).

I'd completely recommend them.
Another shameless promotion for www.mclevey.com, the best place on the internet to buy art.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Was quite suprised we got an appointment so quickly, not sure if this happens for everyone but we were able to pick our date and time.... Syracuse had thursday open as well as Friday.

I'll look into U Travel.... We're not too fused about the same day turn around, im more concerned about the courier company messing around with the documents.  I remember reading on UKY about someone who's courier wanted to remove documents from their application, that sounded really bad to me.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab