Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa - both moving to UK from US, but arriving separately  (Read 405 times)

• Liked: 0
Can my wife (UKC)and I(USC) arrive separately in the UK on my spousal visa? When looking at the BritainUSA website it says:

"To qualify for admission as a spouse, you must show that;

* The sponsor is present and settled in the United Kingdom, or is to be admitted for settlement at the same time as the applicant arrives in the UK; "

We're planning on my wife going about 9 days before me to receive all of our stuff that we shipped over.

Thanks,
Brian

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Spousal Visa - both moving to UK from US, but arriving separately
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
You go together, or she goes first.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »
So on my application form, I state and show that she is living and settled in the UK already, even though she is presently in the US?

Or do I have to wait for that to be true before I apply for the visa?

-Brian

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
Vicky is right.

However, in our last meeting they agreed to revisit this rule to cover precisely the situation you have described.  I don't think a strictly literal, one-dimensional  interpretation of the words "at the same time" is reasonable because sometimes the Brit has to stay behind and close down the household.

They have already begun rewording the guidance on this  :D

For the nonce, you don't have to wait before applying if your spouse intends to settle with you. 

If the British half is already in the UK when the non-Brit arrives, that's fine.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:37:04 PM by garry »

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »
The form is pretty clear. If your spouse is in the US and will be when you apply, that is what you say.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab