Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa - Am I making too much of these questions....  (Read 566 times)

• Liked: 0
Spouse Visa - Am I making too much of these questions....
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:43:16 AM »
I'm having a look at the visa application online and where it says to put in "Place of Issue" for my passport, I have looked everywhere on my passport and can't this information.  What am I missing?   ???
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:58:13 AM by amandaw »

• Liked: 3595
Re: US Passport and Place of Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:57:07 AM »
This question came up in another thread recently - you can view it here (The question about "Place of Issue" is asked near the bottom of the page.): http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=41241.210

Basically though, the answer to both questions 'place of issue' and 'issuing authority' is simply: USA

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »
Thanks!

Also I am at a page called "About Your Sponsor".  What do I put here?  I thought sponsor's were not allowed.

Do I put my husband's information here even though they already asked for all of his information earlier in the application?

ugh.

They have also asked me for my father's place of birth and birth date.  Seeing as how I have only met my father twice and my mother can not remember this I have no idea how I am going to get that information.  On the old birth certificates (back when they made copies of the actual certificate) it listed it but neither my mom or myself has a copy of the old ones.  The new one that I have certified is just their ages at the time of my birth.    :-\\\\

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:30:23 AM »
I feel so stupid now.. I think I'll have to stop going thru this application for awhile.

It is now asking me if me and my sponsor are related. Do they mean as in married or do think want to know if we are distant cousins or something?   ???  Ugh.  I think I need to breath.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:41:24 AM »
I give up and I am going to bed.

Now it says "Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
You must provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long. Please provide documentary evidence to support this."

We have lived together since March 2000 we were married August 2000.  I don't have documents from 2000 showing we lived together.  What am I supposed to show them?  I think the oldest document that I have is from 2004.

Am I supposed to list every address we ever lived at together or can I simply say we lived in Illinois from 2000-2005 and in Texas from 2005-Current?  Or do I have to supply evidence to show we lived at each place?  We lived in like three different places from 2000-2005.

• *swelch2
Re: Spouse Visa - Am I making too much of these questions....
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:30:52 AM »
breathe :)  its ok!!

Now it says "Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
You must provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long. Please provide documentary evidence to support this."

We have lived together since March 2000 we were married August 2000.  I don't have documents from 2000 showing we lived together.  What am I supposed to show them?  I think the oldest document that I have is from 2004.

Am I supposed to list every address we ever lived at together or can I simply say we lived in Illinois from 2000-2005 and in Texas from 2005-Current?  Or do I have to supply evidence to show we lived at each place?  We lived in like three different places from 2000-2005.
Do you have bills or a drivers license that states the same address?  My husband and I just used our foreign ID cards to prove we lived together for the year because my name was on all of the bills.  I am not sure about the multiple residences-I only lived at one with my husband.  I would assume that you would need to show them that you have lived together for those 5 years and any information you have to prove that would be enough :)  Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Your sponsor is your husband.  You just put his information twice :)  And yes, I think they mean if you are related before you got married (like arranged marriage to your cousin)  If I am wrong, someone correct me!! 

Birth Certificate-My dad's name isn't on mine at all.  I left it blank and just explained that since it was not on my BC I couldn't provide it.  You can put whatever information you have on the form and then just explain why that is all you have. 

Good luck with all of the application business-I suggest a nice glass of wine and a breather after you finish every page haha  It is really nerve wracking but it can and will be done!! 
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »
I feel a bit better this morning.   :P

I tried to leave it blank last night and it says it is required so maybe I will try to fill it in with 00/00/0000 and then explain in the coverletter.  My mom says that she is going to try to phone my grandparents to see what it is but they haven't talked in about 15 years so who knows.  I guess if she gets it great if she doesn't then I'll just explain.

I have a photocopy of his and my driver's license with the same address on it.  His is dated 2004 and mine is dated 2002.  I also have found a letter from the INS when we were going thru his greencard stuff made out to him and that address from July '03.

Those are the oldest things I can find because that is the stuff we had when we went to Chicago for his greencard interview and I still had he folder we took.  Everything else has been discarded.

• *swelch2
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
Ah, you are filling out the online application.  I actually used the paper application because I applied in Japan. 

I am not sure about showing address information.  I think there is something in another thread that mentions something about that, esp as you have been married for a few years (is that right?)...Maybe PM Victoria and ask-she is the expert :)  good luck with it all!  it will work out!!!
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »
Hey- I just did the exact same application, so I totally understand your stress! Sometimes it is difficult to tell what exactly they are asking. Just give as much information as you can, but don't stress too much. My husband was born in Jamaica (his parents are British so he is British) and they asked when he came into the country, and he and his parents didn't remember since it was in the 70's, so I just put the general date (April 1, 1973) and it was fine. The most important thing I think they want to see is that you are officially married and have the means to support yourself. Try not to overthink it (I know I did)! Good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab