Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help! BUNAC, UK via Ireland entry stamp problem  (Read 353 times)

• Liked: 0
Help! BUNAC, UK via Ireland entry stamp problem
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »
Hi All,
(sorry for this long, complicated post but I really need some advise!)

I've just come over on a BUNAC blue card and I made the mistake of flying into Edinburgh via Dublin. The immagration officers would not provide me with the correct entry stamp in Scotland because of the Common Travel Area agreement between the UK and Ireland. I was given the number for the Home Office in Glasgow and told that they could correct the problem. I have been unable to get through the automated systems and actually talk with someone there yet. When I went down to the office in person yesterday, I was denied enterance and told I needed an apointment. To get an appointment, I needed to call that same number where no one answers and the wait time for an appointment is around 3 weeks. When I contacted BUNAC, they recomened I leave the country and re-enter. They were pretty unhelpful. I have been trying to get through to the US Embassy passport office in London but have had no luck getting anyone on the phone yet.
I have been in the UK almost a week now trying to straighten this out and I am afraid I will not be able to receive my work entry stamp if I stay much longer.

Anyone else had this problem?
Advise?

Thanks for any and all help.

Sponsored Links