Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: It only takes a day  (Read 2534 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
It only takes a day
« on: December 14, 2002, 12:08:46 AM »
I have been so good all week...  and then comes 2 totally crazy days at work, a couple of drinks of whiskey and water (to calm my nerves from wanting to quit thankless job) a so called Christmas party at work today that had me eating 1 hot dog, 1 hamburger a little salad and a BIG piece of chcolate cake...  now I am getting ready to head out of work for the week right into an evening with co-workers, as we have happy hour meal before going to see the new Star Trek movie...  

My whole good week feels shot now...  I know I should not feel this way...  but I can guarantee I will feel the need to do double duty on workouts all weekend long...  for just One Day!

Does anyone else here ever go through those feelings and guilt trips?  If so, how do you react to it...  

Is there an "I give up wish" or a "strive to work harder"...  or maybe even a "write it off to a day and move forward"?

btw Michelle, LOL...  me having 2 drinks these days on top of exhaustion can be interesting indeed...  not exactly sure what I wrote to you last night...but I hope it was not too silly or off the wall...  I can say though that the pasta salad I was making while having those 2 drinks was a hit...and only empty bowl at the party... If I recall, I think I put a splash or two of whiskey in it for flavor...LOL!

Hope all are having a great beginning to weekend.

Shel

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Re: It only takes a day
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 01:31:33 AM »
Moderation is the key!  I went back on Weight Watchers this week (want to lose about a stone) and, like the last time I was on WW and lost, I am taking weekends off.  I don't binge on the weekends, but I allow myself more leeway and don't stress about calories, etc.  

For instance, yesterday Bret took me out to lunch and we had the most fabulous bangers and mash w/ onion gravy, served in a big Yorkshire pudding.  YUM!  I thoroughly enjoyed it, but didn't eat the entire portion, just enough to feel satisfied.

Today we went to the B&Q in Guildford.  Shelley's Burger Bar is parked outside -- according to Bret's co-workers they have fabulous burgers, sausages, etc.  I had a cheeseburger -- fantastic!  Like an American burger :)  It was quite big, so I didn't finish it all, but I really enjoyed it.  Much better than the Burger King next door.  Had a mini mince pie, mulled wine and a small piece of cake at a children's party this afternoon, and some curry for dinner.  Just tried smaller portions.  I'm quite sure I went over my "points" limit, but not by a ton, and I'll be back on track for the week.

This works for me.  Yes, the loss is a bit slower (1-2 pounds a week), but it keeps me sane.  I've really struggled over the years, and sometimes still do, with eating disorders, over-exercise, and poor body image.  In the past few years I've tried to be conscious of moderation, and be kinder to myself and not expect to look like Cindy Crawford.  I mean, even Cindy Crawford doesn't look like "Cindy Crawford the Model" first thing in the morning!  I saw her working out at my gym several years ago and thought "Well, yes, she's attractive, but she doesn't look like a supermodel."  And she was there at 6 AM sweating her butt off.  So, we all have to work at it to achieve whatever our goals are.  :)

Cheers,
Stephanie

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 03:13:59 PM »
True...  Moderation is a very good key...  one I always do my best to follow...even on my bad days...  a hot dog and a hamburger are bad to me...especially the hot dog...but what I do not say is that I only used one bun and only eat all beef hotdogs...  plus the salad was a healthy one.  No excuse for the chocolate cake though... ;D

from lunch to movie evening I compensated to a small chicken tender appetizer for dinner and a margarita (my movie night treat)... bringing myself back on track this weekend in my fat free home and normal busy schedule to get all chores done before sunday afternoon... including a 2 mile walk and my full workout...  

So off I go now...  my walk is awaiting and it is a lovely morning with moderate temps finally...  
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 01:10:16 PM »
Depends on my mood and why I was eating.  It's much harder to forgive yourself for depression munching than it is for eating at work...or better still treating yourself with your Love.  I've been bad this morning and had some chocolate covered peanuts.  Well, I bought a bag...to eat slowly over the week as an extended treat...but the bag ripped and I've eaten about half out of sheer desperation...no where to store the rest!  :O  I finally got it down enough that I could tape the bag up (quite literally), but I still feel guilty over it.  S'ok tho.  I'm munching pineapple for breakfast, and am gonna drink extra water (to help flush it out as it were lol).  As it's a nice day  I'm gonna walk extra....and my trampoline should be here today...so hopefully will be boi-ing the pounds away!  :D

Erm, there may have been a point in all of this...but i've lost it somewhere....
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab