Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad  (Read 80585 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2014, 10:37:31 AM »
I didn't use a notary on my last one. I had a local attorney friend certify it, and they had no trouble accepting the stamp from that. That's significantly cheaper!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - I asked local solicitors, but was asking for 'notary' rather than 'certify'... if/when there's a #3, will remember that.

When you renew passport for minor, do you need to have the same form certified if other parent can't attend?
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
I'll be doing this in the spring.  I'll be submitting transcripts as proof of US residency.  Do they need to be sealed? 

• Liked: 4
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
I don't think most of us took anything like that. I know it says you need them, but we didn't have anything like that. They ask you a handful of questions to see if you understand cultural things in the US (for instance, I got asked about my elementary school and how I got to school with one child and about my high school mascot with another. That one was a breeze because by bizarre coincidence, my interviewer was married to someone who went to my high school!)

« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »
My transcripts were official- but not sealed. 

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
Hi all! I am filling out form DS-2029 to register my son's birth with the consulate in Edinburgh. Questions 24/25 ask for the "precise periods of time in the US." Can I include times that I traveled in these blocks of time, or do I need to have them broken down around trips outside of the US. For example, can I list my home address for ten years once, or do I have to list it seven times and leave out the dates I traveled abroad?

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.
2012 is a big year!
February 4- Met in New York
April 5- Engaged in St. Andrews, Scotland
August 20- Married
August 21- Applied online
August 23- Biometrics taken
August 24- Application mailed from Brooklyn to East 53rd; Priority
September 12- Visa approved
September 17- Arrived in Glasgow
2014- Baby!
June 5, 2015- Mailed FLR(M) application
June 10, 2015- BRP received

• Liked: 8
« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
I left this question until we were talking with the officer and asked him exactly how he wanted me to answer it. I basically listed "From birth on Oct 197X-Sept 198X - State of XX. Oct 198X-Jan 200X - State of XX." etc. I included a typed list of my travel abroad. There were one or two other things I left until we were there with the officer, it wasn't a big deal when I explained that we didn't want to write in the wrong thing.

« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
For people who have done this before - do you recommend waiting until after baby has arrived before booking an appointment?  Or should I book an appointment in advance for a few weeks after baby's due date?

I want to try to beat the summer holiday rush as we are planning a visit to the US in August.

« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »
KFdancer - they release appointments 3 weeks in advance, one week at a time. I had all of my paperwork ready before DD2 was born, so it was just a matter of getting her birh certificate at the registrar's and getting her photo taken before booking our appointment.

You can watch the appointment availability by following the 'book appt' link. I think they open up appointments late Fri night/Sat.

We did get advised to avoid trying to come during school holidays - it gets manic, so just watch that term break around Easter.

« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »
Thanks for that TexasGirl.  Good to know I'd be okay to book an appointment before she's here.  And great suggestion about avoiding the Easter holidays!

Now if only we could decide on a name for this little girl....   ::)

« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »
Well, whatever you do, don't let your 'Finding Nemo'-obsessed 4 yr old pick names!! DD1 is bitterly disappointed that DD2 is not named Peach!
Congrats! (We are heading down next week to renew DD1's passport - let me know if you need any up-to-date info.)

« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »
Lol!  It's our first so no children influencing the name.  Although our nephew had requested "T-Rex" if it was a boy!

« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »
Just got back from the London Embassay... A few changes that you may be aware of, but I wasn't so reporting back:

1- You can bring a cell phone & key fob.  You can also take an ipad/ipod.  You CANNOT take anything with a keyboard, so no laptop and no keyboard that attaches to ipad.

2- There is now a vending machine which has tea/coffee, soda/water, snacks (including hershey chocloate & butterfingers...)

The current wait is 2 - 3 weeks for passport.  8 weeks for social security card.

Also, because this was the 2nd birth we registered at the embassay, they didn't need to see any supporting docs (ie transcripts, etc...)

Cheers

« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »
Meggles - does the vending machine take dollars or pounds? I would do anything for a Butterfinger bar!!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2014, 04:58:16 PM »

Now if only we could decide on a name for this little girl....   ::)

Oh congratulations KFdancer! A little girl, how sweet  [smiley=daisy.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab