Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad  (Read 80530 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
It takes UK pounds/coins.... I should have gotten more than one butterfinger!!! I did get a hershey bar for a friend.  They had regular hershey and hershey with almonds.  The butterfingers were 95pence and the hersheys was 1.45!!!
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
Thanks!!

• Liked: 27
« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:28 PM »
I know this has been asked before and I've seen the answer recently but I couldn't find it on here. 

1) We live in Liverpool-can we use the Edinburgh consulate to renew our nearly 5 year-old son's US passport? (It would be much more convenient and cheaper to go up there).
2) His passport expires in November 2014.  Does he need at least 6 months on it to return to the USA for a holiday this spring/summer? (not booked yet but thinking about it)

Thank you!

« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
we're scheduled at the embassy next friday at 8:30 (only time that worked for several reasons) the thing is, i have to drop off daughter at childcare super early and then get train to london. i'll be cutting it close and can't remember how the queue works....if i arrive at 8:20 can i be bumped to head of queue or do i have to wait behind others with later appts?

thanks all

« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2014, 11:27:07 AM »
When I went, the que was only 5 mins long.  the first time I went (2 years ago), there was no que, and I was 15-20 mins late.  took me in without a question.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
My child was born on March 7 and I had his passport pictures on on the 18th. His eyes were shut. We will be going on the 31st to the embassy.

The US website states: It is acceptable if an infant's eyes, particularly a newborn's, are not, or are not entirely, open.  All other children must have their eyes open and looking straight ahead towards the camera.

I have had some people over the last couple of years try to use eyes shut and they wouldn't allow. Has it changed at all? Do I need to get other pictures done?
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

« Reply #321 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
We have our appointment in two days and I'm worried (probably for no reason) that they will tell me I don't have enough evidence to pass on my citizenship. All I really have is my current passport  which only has one stamp in it from when I moved to the UK. I don't have school transcripts. I know others went with out them and were fine but  were there any other documents that I can use? I have high school diploma and my birth certificate but that doesn't prove my time in the US (which was 28 years). Any suggestions or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
Not to worry, I also didn't have many supporting documents to show my life in the US.
I think all I brought was my passport, SS card and old tax papers from when I worked in the US. They seemed happy enough with that.

« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »
I think all I brought was my passport, SS card and old tax papers from when I worked in the US. They seemed happy enough with that.

When you say tax papers are you referring to old tax returns or old W-2's?

« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2014, 08:11:41 PM »
Nevermind. All went well with just my passport. Long day but at least it's over with.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #325 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:06 PM »
Nevermind. All went well with just my passport. Long day but at least it's over with.

Glad to hear it.  Any tips or tricks?  I'll hopefully be doing this in April.   :)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2014, 02:57:53 PM »
Glad to hear it.  Any tips or tricks?  I'll hopefully be doing this in April.   :)

Babywear if you can. Two big sets of stairs, and airport-style security - pain in the @$& with a stroller.
Don't stress when you approach the front gates and see the massive line. The US citizen entrance (on the left) is totally separate and almost no line!
They've loosened the electronics restrictions quite a bit - we were told 3 wks ago anything up to (but not including) laptops is fine.

« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »
Babywear if you can. Two big sets of stairs, and airport-style security - pain in the @$& with a stroller.
Don't stress when you approach the front gates and see the massive line. The US citizen entrance (on the left) is totally separate and almost no line!
They've loosened the electronics restrictions quite a bit - we were told 3 wks ago anything up to (but not including) laptops is fine.

I agree with all these suggestions. We got stuck for a couple minutes in a mile long line before we realised that the American services one was on the other side of the tent.

And we found it really rather crowed inside so a sling/wrap/carrier is going to be the best way to go really.

Also before you go upstairs into the waiting room, make sure you purchase your return envelope from the front reception desk as you walk in. One less step then not having it and having to go back and purchase it when they ask for it at the window with your paperwork.

As far as evidence goes, I only had my passport, his birth certificate, my marriage license and they just asked a few questions about growing up. Ex. Schools, places lived, when I moved, etc.

Personally I just found it to be a lot of waiting around in a hot crowded room. So bring snacks and a drink.

Also cell phones are now fine to bring in but not sure about everything else as that was all we had.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
Thanks for the tips, we will wear baby when we go!  Will my husband be able to go through the American line with me?  He's a UKC.

Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad
« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
Yup. Without a problem.bJust have your photo ID's ready. We just used our passports as ID since they wanted them anyway.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab