Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad  (Read 80227 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Consular Notification thingy of Birth Abroad
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
Yeah, they've required that for awhile now.  Looks reasonable at £8.85.

Does that mean congratulations are in order?  And the baby wasn't born in France?   ;D

https://www.dxdelivery.com/consumer/dx-services-for-us-embassy/#pricing
Thanks! Baby was born in London, all is well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »
Thanks! Baby was born in London, all is well.

Enjoy your new addition!!!

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
I didn't have to do dates for my trips in and out of the US, the embassy agent just told me to estimate about how many months total I'd spent out of the US. This was in Edinburgh, if it makes a difference.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
Can anyone quickly advise how long the appointment takes at the embassy? Also, does the appointment start on time? Looking to get mom and baby on the train back to Leeds and they are much cheaper 1 hour after our appointment than later in the day....

« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »
The appointment is more of a timed entry than anything.  They don't care if you get there earlier or later.  So if you want to aim to be there right as they open and be first in line, you are likely to be in and out in no time (even if you are really early for your appointment).  You can easily be in and out in an hour.  You can also be there for 3 hours if there are a lot of people in front of you.  Kind of a "how long is a piece of string" question unfortunately.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »
I had the 8am appointment recently. We were out just before 9:30.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
The appointment is more of a timed entry than anything.  They don't care if you get there earlier or later.  So if you want to aim to be there right as they open and be first in line, you are likely to be in and out in no time (even if you are really early for your appointment).  You can easily be in and out in an hour.  You can also be there for 3 hours if there are a lot of people in front of you.  Kind of a "how long is a piece of string" question unfortunately.

Thanks for the quick answer! Just to make sure I got that correctly... My appointment is at 1:30 pm. Could I go there at 11:30 and wait in line just to be safe?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »
From my experience of going there for visa appointments they will not let you join the queue unless your appointment is for that time slot - you have to show your appointment sheet to be allowed to join the queue.

So, if your appointment is at 1:30pm, I don't think they will let you into the queuing area until 1:30pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »
I think the earliest you can get in the queue is half an hour before your appointment time. We got in the queue at 7.35 for an 8am appointment with no problems. By arriving that early we were done by 8.40, no idea what happens for a later appointment

« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
I think the earliest you can get in the queue is half an hour before your appointment time. We got in the queue at 7.35 for an 8am appointment with no problems. By arriving that early we were done by 8.40, no idea what happens for a later appointment

Thanks, I sent an email to the consulate and that's exactly what they said. I've written off the idea of taking the cheap train that's an hour after our appointment starts :(

• Liked: 4
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2017, 07:27:45 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to fill in the form for CRBA and like many before me, I'm a bit confused by the form and question 24 where it asks about precise time spent in USA.

My husband was born a USC (I'm naturalized but haven't been present long enough to transfer citizenship). I've put his place and date of birth in the first entry. He has moved to many different states throughout his life, we lived together in USA somewhere different from his place of birth, do they need a list of every place he's lived or can I put the first vacation he took and change the city in the next entry, despite him moving there a long time before that?

I plan on using tax transcripts as proof of physical presence but some of the transcripts we have pre-date his vacations so they won't match up. Will that be an issue?

tia  :)

« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to fill in the form for CRBA and like many before me, I'm a bit confused by the form and question 24 where it asks about precise time spent in USA.

My husband was born a USC (I'm naturalized but haven't been present long enough to transfer citizenship). I've put his place and date of birth in the first entry. He has moved to many different states throughout his life, we lived together in USA somewhere different from his place of birth, do they need a list of every place he's lived or can I put the first vacation he took and change the city in the next entry, despite him moving there a long time before that?

I plan on using tax transcripts as proof of physical presence but some of the transcripts we have pre-date his vacations so they won't match up. Will that be an issue?

tia  :)

They are really nice about it.  Just do the best you can.  And save it in case you have another child! 

If you miss something off, you miss something off.  If it's a broad aye estimation it's a broad date estimation.  Try not to stress.

« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »
They are really nice about it.  Just do the best you can.  And save it in case you have another child! 

If you miss something off, you miss something off.  If it's a broad aye estimation it's a broad date estimation.  Try not to stress.
Thanks!

He moved to many different places when he was a child but unfortunately his father isn't alive to ask where and when. I'll see what I can find.

Also, I haven't been to the embassy since 2008. Are they still strict about no mobile phones? I remember having to leave all my stuff at a pharmacy, is that still the case?

Thanks again! :)

« Reply #373 on: May 17, 2017, 09:01:38 PM »
You can take anything that doesn't have a keyboard.  So phones, key fobs, kindles, iPads, etc., are all okay now.  No laptops.   :)

« Reply #374 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:12 PM »
You can take anything that doesn't have a keyboard.  So phones, key fobs, kindles, iPads, etc., are all okay now.  No laptops.   :)
Oh that is good to hear, thank you! :)

Sponsored Links