Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Requirements for Entry Clearance with HSMP  (Read 456 times)

• Liked: 0
Requirements for Entry Clearance with HSMP
« on: June 26, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
Just submitted by HSMP1 and am enjoying the waiting game.  I want to make sure I'm prepared for the entry clearance application and am struggling to find concrete information on what I need to prove.  Can anyone advise?  I'm currently in the US and would be applying from here.  I'm most interested in what I need to prove financially.

Thanks for all your help.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Requirements for Entry Clearance with HSMP
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
They will want your HSMP approval letter, the supporting documents, and bank statements showing you have enough funds to support yourself while looking for work.  You do the entry clearance in the US. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »
Thanks.  However, what qualifies as enough funds?

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
Its kind of subjective, but I would imagine that if you have enough to give you enough points to qualify for the HSMP, you'd have enough to get into the country!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »
We (spouse and I) just applied for our EC visa, having already obtained an HSMP approval letter. As the previous poster suggested, it's a very subjective and ill-documented process. There's really almost nothing to go on - what supporting evidence you need, what amount of funds you need, etc. The Tier1 programme is documented in far better detail, though, and we used that as a 'minimum' guide. Here's what we included:

• HSMP approval letter
  • Financial statements (bank/investment accts/etc) for the past four months
  • Official school transcript, showing my degree (proof of ability to secure work)
  • Resume
  • Pay slips and business cards (for jobs I didn't have official documentation from) from past employment (proof of previous employment)
  • Marriage certificate (proof of marriage)
  • Old and current passports
  • Passport photos

With the Tier1 programme, we'd need to demonstrate something like a minimum of $5400 in our bank account, stable over the course of three months. To be honest, I suspect that to be a grossly insufficient level of funds to survive long enough to find work over there (unless you have an outstanding offer, which the app asks you about and I had to say 'no' to). I moved enough funds to a savings account some months back to allow us to survive on our own over there for about a year, while looking for work. Given the subjectiveness of the current process, and the weakening economy over there, I'd probably want to show something in the five digit range, to be safely convincing. I could be paranoid, though, and many others may have gotten through with much less.

We're still waiting for the EC to be returned from the LA consulate, though, so I'm not sure yet if the above was sufficient. =)

Cheers,
Aaron

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »
Just to provide follow-up on this, for anyone it might also apply to...

We just got our visa back from LA. It took about 3 biz days for them to turn it around. They actually ended up giving us a Tier 1 - General - Migrant (and partner) visa, valid for -three- years, which was a lot better than what we expected (1-2 years of the old EC).

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »
Congrats
You're stuck with me!

• Gringa Dairy
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
ucbmckee -- congratulations!  I admit to being VERY jealous-- 6 weeks for the HSMP letter and a quick turn on the visa!  What a difference a few weeks made- my HSMP application was received on 17 March and I am still waiting! 

Question- did you use a courier for the visa? (I see you are in SF - I am as well, so will be sending to LA)

again, congrats!
In the UK since 2008.  I'm now making Mexican cheese in London!  Want some?  www.gringadairy.com

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:46:09 PM »
Thanks for the well wishing. =)

No, we didn't use a courier... just plain 'ol USPS Express.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab