Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Questions.. I feel stupid  (Read 352 times)

• Liked: 0
Spousal Visa Questions.. I feel stupid
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »
I know this is going to be about the stupidest questions you could help somebody answer but consider this my source of laughter for you today.   ;D

I am going thru the online application in preparation for sending it off in the next few weeks and I have a few questions:

Sponsor's normal country of residence
DH is a UKC, he has lived with me since 2000 in the United States.  Do we put USA since he has been here since 2000 or do we put UK since that is where he is 'from'?

Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares?
I do have a 401k like fund from my job that I will be withdrawing the funds from when I quit in September.  I planned on explaining this in the coverletter with my budget as it is funds I can not show in my bank now but will provide printed copies from the fund's website which shows how much I have coming to me once I quit.  Do I list this here?  It is not really a stock or shares?  It's just that I work for a City and they do not participate in Social Security they put my money in a fund called TMRS.  It just sits there and when I quit I can roll it over to an IRA or withdraw it.

How much of your sponsor's monthly income is used to support their family?
Does that mean how much of DH's checks go toward our monthly bills?  We have lived with my Mom since January (as it has helped in saving a ton of money) so really all we have now are two car payments/car insurance/cc bills... And honestly since we moved my wages have covered all bills and we are putting a huge bulk of his check into savings.  Maybe I am thinking of the question in a different way?

How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?
Same as above... Not sure what they are looking for here?

Okay that is it.. I know you guys are probably laughing...  ;D  But this is all I need to have everything put together wonderfully and it get denied because I couldn't understand a few questions.   :P
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

• Liked: 0
Re: Spousal Visa Questions.. I feel stupid
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »
Dont feel stupid, these forms can be confusing thats for sure!

This is what we put on my wifes app.  Hope it helps, good luck with your app.

Sponsor's normal country of residence
USA at present, will be UK

Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares?
We put yes, as we both have 401K plans.  We didn't give any more details.

How much of your sponsor's monthly income is used to support their family?
We added up how much we each month on rent, groceries etc & put that amount . Then put the same amount for the How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs? question.

Sponsored Links