Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British Citizenship - Waiting Time  (Read 248136 times)

• Liked: 3589
Re: British Citizenship - Waiting Time
« Reply #1170 on: December 30, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
I received an e-mail acknowledgement of my application on October 18th.  I've noted, with interest, that many people reference the date they received acknowledgement of the application via regular mail.  Is this still the case, or is e-mail acknowledgement the norm now?

As far as I'm aware, correspondence from UKBA within the UK has always by regular mail, not email... but usually, everyone is already living in the UK when they apply, so I'm not sure how they correspond with people from overseas.

You've already had acknowledgement of your application, so you know they have it and are processing it... so really all you can do is keep waiting.

I'm surprised that I'm still waiting, since my application is about as simple as citizenship based on marriage (and those seem to be dealt with in days).  It was a basic form with birth certificate and passport of my mother, and myself.  My general concern is that since I didn't receive mail acknowledgement of the application, I've not received acknowledgement of citizenship.  I live in Germany, so thought there could be some mail issues. Thanks.

UKM applications are not quite the same as naturalisation applications (the former is citizenship registration based on heritage, the latter is citizenship based on length of time living in the UK) and so the processing times people are posting in this thread may not have any relation to your application processing time.

UKM applications have a target processing time of 6 months, but generally take about 2-3 months to be processed, so it looks like you're right on schedule at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:52:30 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #1171 on: December 31, 2013, 07:53:38 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm sure, like many people, I feel the frustration of not being able to get reliable information.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #1172 on: January 09, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
Put in my application yesterday in Edinburgh and the person at the NCS centre said that yesterday they were just taking payment fees from the 25 October, so a bit of a backlog now.

She also laughed and said that all of a sudden, just this year, they've gotten spades of phone calls for appointment from folks who have been resident a very long time wanting their citizenship. She's uncovered that most of them want to vote in September. Not a primary goal for me, but certainly am pleased that I wll be able to have a vote in the matter.

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1173 on: January 09, 2014, 10:02:32 AM »
Thanks very much for the info, phatbeetle!  Combined with the data from my previous post (which also came from the NCS):

As of 8 December, they'd reached applications from 18 October
As of 7 January, they'd reached applications from 25 October

If the major rush was because of the rules change on 28 October, hopefully the logjam will ease up soon (Scottish independence voting hopefuls notwithstanding).

« Reply #1174 on: January 09, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
I submitted my application to the checking service on 28 Ocotber. Clearly I am not so good with timing!    :P

My payment was finally processed today.  I cannot imagine how many apps they got before the deadline as I know other people whose apps were processed in less than 5 weeks back in September.
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

« Reply #1175 on: January 11, 2014, 10:05:12 AM »
YES!!!  Just checked the bank account and my husband's application fee has been taken!  This means they're into November.

FINALLY!!!!

Never thought I'd be so glad to have a government agency take hundreds of pounds from my account.   :D

« Reply #1176 on: January 14, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
PTC, when in November was the application?
Thanks.

« Reply #1177 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
Current timeline:

NCS appointment: Thursday 7 November 2013
Documents arrived at the Home Office: Friday 8 November 2013
Debit card charged: Saturday 11 January 2014
Acknowledgement Letter dated: Saturday 11 January 2014
Acknowledgement Letter received: Thursday 16 January 2014

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1178 on: January 16, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »
Interesting it was a Saturday, PtC. Wonder if they're doing some overtime?
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1179 on: January 16, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
Interesting it was a Saturday, PtC. Wonder if they're doing some overtime?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I was pretty surprised when I checked the bank account that morning!  (And it was definitely debited that day, rather than debited earlier and actually settled on the Saturday.)

• I made it here, so far so good!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2014, 07:40:00 PM »
I applied via NCS Edinburgh on 15 November, and they took my payment 13 January!  Hope this helps the timeline  ;D
Moved from Washington DC to the Orkney Islands November 2007
Received ILR October 2012
Received UK Citizenship April 2014

« Reply #1181 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:48 PM »
I applied via NCS Edinburgh on 15 November, and they took my payment 13 January!  Hope this helps the timeline  ;D

Good to hear!  They're definitely past the logjam, then.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1182 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:43 AM »

Ooh exciting!!! Almost done!!!  ;D

I'm hoping that not too many applied over the Christmas period either so maybe it may creep in even further!  ;)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
A recap of the last several weeks, because I'm avoiding actual work :)

(Dates are possibly off by a day or two, as the date of submission to the NCS isn't the same as when the application arrives at the Home Office, but this is a good approximation)

As of 8 December, they'd reached applications from 18 October
As of 7 January, they'd reached applications from 25 October
As of 9 January, they'd reached applications from 28 October
As of 11 January, they'd reached applications from 8 November
As of 13 January, they'd reached applications from 15 November

« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »
I submitted my application to the checking service on 28 Ocotber. Clearly I am not so good with timing!    :P

My payment was finally processed today.  I cannot imagine how many apps they got before the deadline as I know other people whose apps were processed in less than 5 weeks back in September.
YES!!!  Just checked the bank account and my husband's application fee has been taken!  This means they're into November.

FINALLY!!!!

Never thought I'd be so glad to have a government agency take hundreds of pounds from my account.   :D
Put in my application yesterday in Edinburgh and the person at the NCS centre said that yesterday they were just taking payment fees from the 25 October, so a bit of a backlog now.

She also laughed and said that all of a sudden, just this year, they've gotten spades of phone calls for appointment from folks who have been resident a very long time wanting their citizenship. She's uncovered that most of them want to vote in September. Not a primary goal for me, but certainly am pleased that I wll be able to have a vote in the matter.

Just wanted to say crossing fingers for the soon-to-be-Brits that it is over soon!  :)

Sponsored Links