Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I got a J-O-B!  (Read 2066 times)

• Liked: 8
I got a J-O-B!
« on: May 13, 2004, 08:54:57 AM »
I went to my first interview yesterday and they offered me the job!  Yay!  I was looking for something part-time and relatively low-stress and this job is perfect!  It's the administrative assistant position at a local non-profit group and it's just what I needed.  Whew.  Now, onto the NIN process!  (Will the paperwork ever end?!?!)   ;D

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: I got a J-O-B!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 09:20:18 AM »
congrats Lola,  waiting on my spousal visa to return so that I can start looking as well... if ya hear of anything...holler my way since we live in same area...
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 09:29:57 AM »
congrats Lola,  waiting on my spousal visa to return so that I can start looking as well... if ya hear of anything...holler my way since we live in same area...

thanks!  what kind of thing are you looking for?  i'll keep my eyes open for you!   :)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 09:51:30 AM »
well, for the last decade, I was a cms analyst for NASA...doubt anything like that around here...  but I also have experience as a corporate administrator (office managing)...   banking too(blah)...  so I guess office type of work... admin assistance...  Like you, I wish to work part time if possible...no stress (had enough years of that) yet rewarding or helpful to others.   LOL
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 10:02:34 AM »
Well done Lolalola!  :D

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 11:21:05 AM »
Congratulations Lolalola!!! That's wonderful news and good luck on your new job!!!

Shel, is there a McDonald's in your town? hehe!  ;D

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 12:38:21 PM »
Great news Lola! Is the office easy to get to? Have you managed to get to any of the places I told you about? The DF and I were just saying how much we miss 'the toon'. He may be up there in late June at the Uni but I'm not sure we can afford for me to be up there as well with B&B costs, etc. *sigh*
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
Congrats Lola!!!!!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 01:23:53 PM »
Congratulations!!! The NIN is fairly harmless, they just ask you 12,000 questions! Good luck with it all, and again congratulations on such a quick job search. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 02:03:28 PM »
great job lola!

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 03:07:19 PM »
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 04:09:52 PM »
Woohoo!  Congrats Lola!  You are giving me hope!  I will begin looking (I have on-line) in three weeks!  I want something like you, no stress!  Had that in NY, don't need it anymore! 

Have people converted their resumes to CV's?  I did mine, but not sure if it's OK?

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 04:12:26 PM »

Congrats hon and wtg !! :)

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 04:43:31 PM »
Have people converted their resumes to CV's?  I did mine, but not sure if it's OK?

Thanks for the congrats everybody...this is turning out to be great week!

Stacey, I spent soooo long getting my CV ready and NOT ONE place I've applied to has taken CVs.  I asked the hubby and he said that there seems to be trend among most employers to rely on the application and/or interview only.  He said that ultra-professional and artsy/media type jobs still tend to ask for CVs, though.  So, don't stress too much about it if you're looking for something that's middle-of-the-road...I'm sure what you've done is just fine!   :)

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 04:45:42 PM »
Thanks!  I know I spent a while doing it too!  My SIL and friend in HR both sent me theirs to use as a guide.  I did it somewhere inbetween.

Sponsored Links