Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Work Permit Sponsorship - Gentle Reminder  (Read 3454 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Work Permit Sponsorship - Gentle Reminder
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
Everyone has to apply.

Vicky

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
I looked and didn't see my school on there.  Would non-profits, like a school, have to apply as well?  I sent one of our administrators the link to this discussion just in case...

Didn't you switch to the family side?

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
Onetiger is still on a WP, I believe.  She was considering switching.

My HR contact replied saying thanks for raising it and she will escalate it to the higher ups in HR.  So we'll see !

• Banned

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »
A friend of mine is submitting his application today, and it has cost him a fortune.

His company contains a mix of people who are paid weekly and monthly.  They are all on client sites, so if one of the monthly guys doesn't turn up for work, they they don't know unless the end user calls them or if the invoice from the end user doesn't materialise, or if the time record sheet from the employee doesn't materialise.

As it is now going to be a criminal offence for an employer to fail to notify the Home Office within 10 days of the employee doing a bunk, they have had to change their payroll systems, hire more staff, and alter major client contracts in order to be able to comply with this.

A major hassle, and huge expense.

Vicky

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
Got an email back saying that the school is in the midst of getting this sponsorship...feel quite a bit better.

(Garry - it made more sense to just stay with the work permit as they are paying and the timing worked out almost exactly the same - either way I'd get my ILR next summer...but school will pay and not me!).

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2008, 10:39:59 PM »
Confirmed:  interns are to be extinct.  While I was ready to understand that the training and work experience scheme- TWES - was to be axed, it did not occur to me that this also included interns.

Banks like Morgan Stanley and so on send out 100 interns in one go.  I wonder what they think about this?

I suppose it's right to advise that if you were contemplating signing on to an internship with the notion of doing it in the UK, you'll need to think again.

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2008, 12:45:08 AM »
Update.  As of 18 Sep there were just 223 companies on the approved list.  They need in the thousands of companies to register if the economics of this thing are to break even.  That's an extra 100 million or so us taxpayers are going to have to shoulder due to a *bleep*-up.

Companies are backing themselves into a corner where they will only be able to hire or renew T1 applicants.  Something to consider if you're on a WP, or contemplating a WP.

Along a related strand, ILPA has now lodged a grave complaint with UKBA over the new trusted partners regime.  Upping the ante so to speak.  I've never seen anything quite like it.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
Hrmm...I wonder if my company may actually getting their butts in gear, I was asked to verify some information today...  Not sure if that is relevant or not to this situation or coincidental...
Leaving it a little late, don't ya think?  ::) ::)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2008, 11:20:07 AM »
Uggh, my company is still not on the sponsorship list... well guess I better settle into this one particular job for the long haul...   ::) ::)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
Are companies still allowed to apply under the old scheme?  That's not over til the end of this month, correct?

• Banned

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
Yes.  Applications must be with the Home Office by the 26th November.

Vicky

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »
Thanks, Vicky!

Question, my company isn't on this list, but they have been applying for work permits (that have been approved) for other employees that are transferring within the company.  Shouldn't they be on the list, if this is the case?  The WPs were recently approved.  Should I pass on any information to HR?

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:30 PM »
Intercompany transfers (ICT) are a category of T2 requiring a sponsorship license.  If your company plans to have ICT's after 27 Nov, they will need a license. 

If they need a license, Laura Devine Solicitors is arguably the best qualified in the UK to help get one.  http://www.lauradevine.com/

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
I will pass that on, thanks!  While my application and clearly the other employees application were already submitted, I'm sure we're not the last of the people to come in from any of our other offices.

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »
Take note that T2 dependents need an extra GBP 533 minimum 3 month balance per dependent to clear the maintenance hurdle.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab