Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 151471 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1035 on: July 24, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »
I don't have any large Tescos near me...at least, none that are convenient to travel to.  We just have the Tesco Express-sized ones, and certainly no 'American food section'! One of the Tesco petrol station shops does have an Irish section, though, which I found kind of odd, as I haven't noticed a particularly huge Irish population around my way!

Ahh, just lucky  :P  I guess to have a Huge Tesco Extra, a large Tesco Extra, a Regular sized Tesco and a Tesco metro all within a 3 mile radius from the centrepoint. It is true that some Tescos have some things and not others and seems strange that one thing must sell in one store or another within said 3 mile radius.   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #1036 on: July 24, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »
Hmmph, I see Karo syrup all the time in Tesco in the 'American Food Section'. 
I bought some last year to make "Peanut Butter Crunchies" (something from childhood) and some JIF peanut butter.  It had total American goodness all over it.

My tesco doesn't have an American section. which actually surprises me because I've ran into a few military people who live here.

They offer Australian, polish and middle eastern stuff.  Sainsburys has a small American end aisle but it's all sweets.

« Reply #1037 on: July 24, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
My daughter has been spending too much time on Pinterest and asked me to buy this:

So she could make this weird water/gel

She wanted to make deep fried water, like some You Tuber does and almost blows up his fryer but I put the nix in that. 

If anyone wants some of this stuff I can send you some.

That looks beyond cool for a kiddo! I'm going to have to look this up for summer holiday crafts.

I keep find blue sticky tack all over the house.

Kind of funny how obsessed they get with watching you tubers. Mine is in love with a little boy who's family does game stuff. She's going to marry him lol

• Liked: 1892
What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1038 on: July 25, 2017, 11:21:19 AM »
One of my daughters friends went to a book signing/ stadium event with some you tuber

Apparently there were tons of people there.  And he was selling books like crazy

PM your address and ill send you some of this stuff.  Otherwise it's just going to sit around until I get mad and throw it away
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:23:23 AM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #1039 on: July 25, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
My nephew and niece love the Youtubers who play video games. Right now, they love some guy named Dan TDM and went to go see him play video games live. I don't personally get it but I think they love him extra amounts because he lives here in England and they know that's where I am. They ask me if he is near me and stuff (funnily enough, he's not that far away from us haha)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #1040 on: July 25, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
Have you ever heard Dan TDM's voice?  Camp as a row of tents. 
My kid has seen every one of his 10,0000 videos. 

« Reply #1041 on: July 25, 2017, 08:28:27 PM »
One of my daughters friends went to a book signing/ stadium event with some you tuber

Apparently there were tons of people there.  And he was selling books like crazy

PM your address and ill send you some of this stuff.  Otherwise it's just going to sit around until I get mad and throw it away

Maybe I should quit my day job and you tube lol... probably not cool enough!

And alright, will do, can I give you some postage or anything??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1042 on: July 26, 2017, 12:06:38 AM »

My husband and I did some videos.  It turns out, it's a lot of work.  The kids doing it successfully are making a lot of money.  I saw Dan TDM leaving an event, surrounded by "his people" getting into a very nice car.  But to be successful, you have to put out videos daily.  That means spending hours recording and editing them, then scheduling them to go out on a regular interval so the kids can anticipate them.  It would be tedious.

My husband and I were only just sharing our Minecraft "inventions" and minigames, so we weren't trying to make a go of it as YouTubers (who are all mostly Let's Players... that is, people literally watch them playing the game).  We just really like making things in Minecraft and sharing them with others.  ;)

(We operate(d) under the name Minedaft if you're curious.  You'll know you found us if you hear my username.)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #1043 on: July 26, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
My husband and I did some videos.  It turns out, it's a lot of work.  The kids doing it successfully are making a lot of money.  I saw Dan TDM leaving an event, surrounded by "his people" getting into a very nice car.  But to be successful, you have to put out videos daily.  That means spending hours recording and editing them, then scheduling them to go out on a regular interval so the kids can anticipate them.  It would be tedious.

My husband and I were only just sharing our Minecraft "inventions" and minigames, so we weren't trying to make a go of it as YouTubers (who are all mostly Let's Players... that is, people literally watch them playing the game).  We just really like making things in Minecraft and sharing them with others.  ;)

(We operate(d) under the name Minedaft if you're curious.  You'll know you found us if you hear my username.)

I'll take a look out daughter loves minecraft!  :D

• Liked: 676
« Reply #1044 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
OMG, I need more morning coffee.  ::) I'm thinking of You Tubers as like giant sweet potatoes on legs, with like Mr. Potatohead faces....  Love that site, though. We spent a lot of time watching the bears fishing for salmon in that Alaska river. Salmon are running good right now, too. And Wartime Farm and Garden. Love that one.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1045 on: July 26, 2017, 08:22:53 AM »
My favorite YouTube video are from the veterinarian in The Gambia treating dogs for mango worms. I could watch it for hours.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »

And alright, will do, can I give you some postage or anything??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nah, don't worry about it . 

« Reply #1047 on: July 26, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
OMG, I need more morning coffee.  ::) I'm thinking of You Tubers as like giant sweet potatoes on legs, with like Mr. Potatohead faces....  Love that site, though. We spent a lot of time watching the bears fishing for salmon in that Alaska river. Salmon are running good right now, too. And Wartime Farm and Garden. Love that one.

A year before I met my now-husband, I went with a friend and her two small children to Alaska to visit her grandmother (her husband couldn't get the time off work, so I went with to  help her with the kids).  Her family has a cabin on a river on the Kenai peninsula, and the day we arrived at the cabin, her uncle pulled a salmon out of the river, cleaned and filleted it, and then my friend and I seasoned it and put it in the smoker.  A few hours later, I learned that I love salmon!  I envy those bears.  :)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #1048 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
The kids doing it successfully are making a lot of money.

I don't really understand how they make money.  The videos on You Tube are free to watch, so where does the money come from?   [smiley=dunce.gif]

« Reply #1049 on: July 26, 2017, 06:41:22 PM »
I don't really understand how they make money.  The videos on You Tube are free to watch, so where does the money come from?   [smiley=dunce.gif]
Ad revenue.  If the account is monetized, the YouTuber makes money off of views.  We've only earned about $100 from it.  But since we weren't out to make money, we're happy with it.  The YTers who have hundreds of thousands of subscribers and put out content daily...?  They're cleaning up.  Plus, they can get partnership deals directly with suppliers, in which they make money for using and mentioning products.

Our analytics, after 2.5 years and about 22 videos:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:11:04 PM by jfkimberly »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab