Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 150154 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1425 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:49 AM »
Oh man, I should have known that. It's the biggie. I'd like to go out and have a proper burns night pub meal but current rules say we can only eat out once per week on the weekend.

Direct from Queen Jimbo herself?

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #1426 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
Yes, Mrs Jimbo has laid down the law.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1427 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »
What exactly is a patty melt?  I'm guessing burger and cheese....
Rye bread, grilled onions, Swiss cheese, thin burger patty. It's my favourite!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #1428 on: January 24, 2018, 12:43:01 PM »
But it's not a North Carol ina thing?  I'm guessing not with the Rye bread.

« Reply #1429 on: January 24, 2018, 03:18:16 PM »
But it's not a North Carol ina thing?  I'm guessing not with the Rye bread.
No. It's an America thing. I've never seen it to be regional.

My friend in California, who has never lived in the south or East Coast, loves them too.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #1430 on: January 24, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »
No. It's an America thing. I've never seen it to be regional.

My friend in California, who has never lived in the south or East Coast, loves them too.

I'll take 2 please!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 14
« Reply #1431 on: January 25, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »
Like so many others who've replied to this thread, I often find myself craving sushi. While Lancaster is home to a decent enough (for the UK) sushi bar as well as a poke place, neither the sushi/sashimi nor poke on offer is as luscious as the equivalents on offer in America.

I'm also craving quite a few eccentricities found in the aisles of Trader Joe's.

As my husband's favourite dish is a sandwich of white bread, ketchup, mint sauce, pickled onions, and malt vinegar...I may just be a food snob. :P

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1432 on: January 25, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »
Like so many others who've replied to this thread, I often find myself craving sushi. While Lancaster is home to a decent enough (for the UK) sushi bar as well as a poke place, neither the sushi/sashimi nor poke on offer is as luscious as the equivalents on offer in America.

I'm also craving quite a few eccentricities found in the aisles of Trader Joe's.

As my husband's favourite dish is a sandwich of white bread, ketchup, mint sauce, pickled onions, and malt vinegar...I may just be a food snob.
I miss TJs so much right now, and wegmans.

I've had some sort of stomach bug/ongoing issues flaring for a few days and all I want are things I can't have. *sigh*

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #1433 on: January 25, 2018, 12:49:22 PM »
What were your favourite products from TJ's? I adore/d, let's see...cruciferous crunch blend, roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil, mire poix blend, french lentils, opal apples, the insane variety of dried fruits, nuts, and trail mixes, English cheddar with caramalised onion, Cheddar with Irish port, burrata, Korean scallion pancakes, crispy kale, crispy fried broccoli, pork shu mai, Chinese soup dumplings, Cauliflower romaneco blend, chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels, cookie butter everything, and triple ginger snaps -- as well as a handful of other products I'm most likely forgetting.

« Reply #1434 on: January 25, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
 Not having a go at you, but you are missing English cheddar with caramelised onion? Cheddar with Irish Port?  Am I missing something here?  Granted, I've never heard of Irish Port, but I think you can get all the cheddar and onion you want at the offie in chip form

« Reply #1435 on: January 25, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
Sorry; Irish STOUT cheddar!! Which isn't available here. Caramelised onions don't tend to be incorporated into cheddar here, either -- though I'll grant that yes, this being England, English Cheddar abounds. :P

Feel free to have a go at me. Take as many goes as you like. It's lovely to serve a purpose. ;)

« Reply #1436 on: January 25, 2018, 01:52:27 PM »
Correction : Cheddar and onion available in CRISP format, not chips.

« Reply #1437 on: January 25, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Sorry; Irish STOUT cheddar!! Which isn't available here. Caramelised onions don't tend to be incorporated into cheddar here, either -- though I'll grant that yes, this being England, English Cheddar abounds.

Feel free to have a go at me. Take as many goes as you like. It's lovely to serve a purpose. ;)
I can find caramelized onion cheddar in my Tesco and M&S. Waitrose has burrata.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1438 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:06 PM »
What were your favourite products from TJ's? I adore/d, let's see...cruciferous crunch blend, roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil, mire poix blend, french lentils, opal apples, the insane variety of dried fruits, nuts, and trail mixes, English cheddar with caramalised onion, Cheddar with Irish port, burrata, Korean scallion pancakes, crispy kale, crispy fried broccoli, pork shu mai, Chinese soup dumplings, Cauliflower romaneco blend, chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels, cookie butter everything, and triple ginger snaps -- as well as a handful of other products I'm most likely forgetting.
Mine were much more simple... Their gluten free bread, coconut creamer, coconut ice cream, bone broth in hermetic packages with no weird yeast extracts, coconut milk with only guar gum as an additive, their frozen food section with affordable organic meat & veg, and freeze dried fruit. Oh and their 3 ingredient honey mints were the bomb.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1439 on: January 25, 2018, 05:53:17 PM »
I don't like milk (except when it's ice-cold and I have some Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies to dunk in them), and I haven't had a glass of milk since moving to the UK 5 years ago*, but I just suddenly had a craving for Nesquik chocolate milk.  Maybe this feeling will pass.  I haven't even thought about it in half a decade, and I don't remember the last time I drank it.

* It's okay... I eat plenty of other sources of calcium, and I don't think milk is fortified with Vitamin D over here, so I'm not missing anything in that regard.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab