Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 151438 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1515 on: February 16, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
Hmmm pretty impressive eh?!

I don't have the photo anymore, but my husband showed me a photo of his old break room... it wasn't as nice as yours.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #1516 on: February 16, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
Hi Vis makes a bold statement.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #1517 on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
Hi Vis makes a bold statement.
Well it does stand out! Especially when you're a Parking Enforcement Officer.....aka traffic warden

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1518 on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
Psht with all the cuts they're making the council, you're lucky you have a break room at all Rick. I mean, with the cost of electricity and everything....... 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1519 on: February 16, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »
Psht with all the cuts they're making the council, you're lucky you have a break room at all Rick. I mean, with the cost of electricity and everything.......
Oh well we have a guy on a pedal powered generator in the back to keep the lights on! ;)

« Reply #1520 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »
Well it does stand out! Especially when you're a Parking Enforcement Officer.....aka traffic warden

Dude!  That's a brave admission. 

Did you say you are actually American?  If so, people's heads must explode in anger when they are arguing with you.  You must get told to F*** off back to America 20 times a  day.  Your skin must be like a rhino or you are a zen master

« Reply #1521 on: February 16, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »
I get told to go back where I came from at least once a month and I'm not even giving tickets

« Reply #1522 on: February 16, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
Dude!  That's a brave admission. 

Did you say you are actually American?  If so, people's heads must explode in anger when they are arguing with you.  You must get told to F*** off back to America 20 times a  day.  Your skin must be like a rhino or you are a zen master
Zen master definitely! Actually, they say I'm the nicest traffic warden they've met.....but on occasion they can be a bit nasty. I'm qualified to do far more, but the council actually came looking for me, and it's better than HomeBase was! Lol

« Reply #1523 on: February 16, 2018, 04:49:18 PM »
Seriously, I am always aware that my accent can make people angrier and ANY verbal disagreement always ends up with telling me to go back home.  Does it really make that part of your job a bit harder?  Maybe it's the same for Nigerians, I bet they get racial abuse all day.  Then again, racial abuse is clearly against the law, American abuse is not. 

« Reply #1524 on: February 16, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
Seriously, I am always aware that my accent can make people angrier and ANY verbal disagreement always ends up with telling me to go back home.  Does it really make that part of your job a bit harder?  Maybe it's the same for Nigerians, I bet they get racial abuse all day.  Then again, racial abuse is clearly against the law, American abuse is not.
I do get some grief, but not as much as you might expect. I try to get people to move whenever possible, as a ticket doesn't fix the problem and I'm sure not paid by how many I issue or I wouldn't do it.  Still, there's always someone who gets angry when they are caught parking stupid. Besides, this American isn't going anywhere!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1525 on: February 16, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »
I am 100% positive that Brits who have colored skin or speak with an accent because of their parents face significant threats and verbal abuse because of it. I felt absolutely horrible on my first call center job, based in the US and had a diverse work force. One guy was Indian, had an accent, and no matter what the second anyone called in they asked to be transferred - even if he was doing his job perfectly. He lasted less than a month after training. :(

I am fairly positive the experience I had at the HSBC branch trying to set up my account was discrimination because I was American. It was in a poorer area of London and they wanted nothing to do with me, let alone give me accurate information about their policies. I'm pretty sure discrimination against immigrants is illegal regardless of nationality.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #1526 on: February 16, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
I am 100% positive that Brits who have colored skin or speak with an accent because of their parents face significant threats and verbal abuse because of it. I felt absolutely horrible on my first call center job, based in the US and had a diverse work force. One guy was Indian, had an accent, and no matter what the second anyone called in they asked to be transferred - even if he was doing his job perfectly. He lasted less than a month after training. :(

I am fairly positive the experience I had at the HSBC branch trying to set up my account was discrimination because I was American. It was in a poorer area of London and they wanted nothing to do with me, let alone give me accurate information about their policies. I'm pretty sure discrimination against immigrants is illegal regardless of nationality.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I have definitely experienced it while job hunting. Hard to prove sometimes but very little doubt. Our office is really quite diverse.....me, a guy from Zimbabwe, a South African, a Latvian, Irish, Scottish, and English. Like the United Nations! Lol

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1527 on: February 16, 2018, 05:07:51 PM »
Our office is really quite diverse.....me, a guy from Zimbabwe, a South African, a Latvian, Irish, Scottish, and English. Like the United Nations! Lol

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1528 on: February 16, 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Stop in some time and say hello! Rose Street Multistory car park offices.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1529 on: February 16, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »
Stop in some time and say hello! Rose Street Multistory car park offices.

I've been there!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab