Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 151371 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #1920 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
That was to be today, but the images of mexican cheese lured me astray. ;)

I am waiting for a delivery tomorrow. If it arrives early in the day, I'll be going tomorrow. Otherwise it'll probably be Friday.

They have the Chili and Garlic sauce, you say?

• Liked: 585
« Reply #1921 on: August 15, 2018, 07:48:57 PM »

They have the Chili and Garlic sauce, you say?

They do... 3 or 4 different brands of it, and if im remembering correctly, they were somewhere around £2.99-ish.

« Reply #1922 on: August 15, 2018, 07:56:38 PM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Come On Amazon, come early in the day! (I ordered a too-expensive set of bamboo shelves to put in my front window to put plants on this winter. It faces basically SW so they will be able to get whatever sun there is. If I'm not here heaven only knows where they'll end up. Amazon has a way of leaving things with neighbors and no notes to us. Sometimes the neighbors are not even in our building. And a FedEx is also due in tomorrow. Hopefully that will come early, too, as I have to sign for it.

So I have to take the tube to Cowcaddens and then hoof it northeast a bit. Should be easy enough to find. :)

You watch, everything will arrive before noon and then it will pour down rain.

[Edit:  Ok, note from Amazon they are sorry my order is "delayed". On one page it says it'll be here tomorrow, and on another page it says "15-22 Aug". So which one is it???? And it better not show up on Friday, as we will not be home all day.]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:45:20 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1923 on: August 15, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Come On Amazon, come early in the day! (I ordered a too-expensive set of bamboo shelves to put in my front window to put plants on this winter. It faces basically SW so they will be able to get whatever sun there is. If I'm not here heaven only knows where they'll end up. Amazon has a way of leaving things with neighbors and no notes to us. Sometimes the neighbors are not even in our building. And a FedEx is also due in tomorrow. Hopefully that will come early, too, as I have to sign for it.

So I have to take the tube to Cowcaddens and then hoof it northeast a bit. Should be easy enough to find. :)

You watch, everything will arrive before noon and then it will pour down rain.

[Edit:  Ok, note from Amazon they are sorry my order is "delayed". On one page it says it'll be here tomorrow, and on another page it says "15-22 Aug". So which one is it???? And it better not show up on Friday, as we will not be home all day.]
It's probably being delivered by Hermes then. I get those delayed notices all the time when they are the courier. Sometimes it arrives on time, sometimes it is delayed and sometimes it never shows up. Hermes is the worst!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #1924 on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:13 PM »
Yeah, I cringe when I hear Hermes is involved. They are the worst for not leaving any sort of notes. Had one thing delivered to an entirely different block of flats, no note, no clue where it was.

Sigh. Well if it doesn't show up, I report it as not showing up and demand a refund. I'd really rather have the shelves.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #1925 on: August 16, 2018, 07:21:58 AM »
Nan, you should check and see if your corner shop takes in parcels.  So many of them do, nowadays.  I have almost all of my parcels delivered elsewhere so that I can collect them when it's convenient.

« Reply #1926 on: August 16, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »
Hmmm. Yeah, I think the shop nearby does DPD.  And I could have it sent to the Post Office, but that's a bit of a walk. I'll definitely check into that. I normally am at home, or the Daughter is, so it's usually not an issue.   I hope if they are coming today it's early, because it's lovely outside right now. Just saw the Daughter off on a day trip she has to make to another city, so it'd be a great day for an expedition myself. :)

Well, on the main order page, in the last 24 hours, it's gone from "sorry delayed" to delivering today and back and forth a few times  Currently the tracking shows it got to Glasgow last night, so...? Maybe?

Thursday, 16 August
1:43 AM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
Glasgow, GB
Wednesday, 15 August
10:27 PM
Parcel left the carrier facility
Edinburgh, Edinburgh GB
9:43 AM
Bardon Hill, LOADING... GB
Tuesday, 14 August
9:44 PM
Weybridge, SURREY GB
4:29 AM
Krefeld, KREFELD DE
Monday, 13 August
11:36 AM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
Krefeld, KREFELD DE
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:33:34 AM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 239
« Reply #1927 on: August 16, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
Yeah, I cringe when I hear Hermes is involved. They are the worst for not leaving any sort of notes. Had one thing delivered to an entirely different block of flats, no note, no clue where it was.

Sigh. Well if it doesn't show up, I report it as not showing up and demand a refund. I'd really rather have the shelves.

Hermes is horrible! I placed an order with Amazon, got an email it was out for delivery and as I was tracking it...said it was delivered. Problem was...it wasn't delivered to me...i was delivered to someone else 10 minutes away (who's address was no where close to even sounding like mine).
I kept thinking it was stolen but who would want a 50.00 nursing clinical book?  :D

I was lucky the man who it was delivered to drove all the way to my house and gave it to me. I reported it to Hermes and Amazon not that it will do any good. But I did get a 10.00 credit on my Amazon account.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #1928 on: August 16, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »
Yeah, we used to have a hella lot of trouble with Amazon delivery in the States, too. We used to get messages that they couldn't deliver because access was blocked. We lived in a complex that had gates on the driveway, but all they had to do was buzz us and we'd let them in. On several occasions we were home all day when the supposed delivery attempts were to have been made. And for about a month the gates were broken and propped wide open (waiting for a part), and we'd get the same message. Meaning the delivery guys never even tried. I know that they use indy contractors who are paid pennies per delivery. And it costs Amazon more in manhours to property sort customer service issues out than it does to just issue a credit and/or replacement, so that's what they do. But...

While I appreciate being able to find things with Amazon that I cannot find here in town in person, my opinion of them is only about 50/50 as far as if I like the company or not.  I've heard that they treat their warehouse/picking staff pretty harshly, so that doesn't help.

Aaaaannnnd, now I have a message that they are delivering today. Sometime before 9pm. (!)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:11:55 AM by Nan D. »

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1929 on: August 24, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »
I've been craving a Philly cheesesteak.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1930 on: August 24, 2018, 11:26:52 AM »
I've been craving a Philly cheesesteak.

Oh, that's a tough one.  I have not figured out how to recreate the texture of the meat.  If you know how, I would love to hear it!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1931 on: August 24, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »
Oh, that's a tough one.  I have not figured out how to recreate the texture of the meat.  If you know how, I would love to hear it!

You have to get very thin shaved sirloin (or similar cut) from the butcher, I don't think you can slice it that thin at home unless you have amazing knife skills. And then top with glorious whiz and peppers & onions. NOM. (I don't know if I'd be allergic to it now ... but that's a solid food memory from Philly visits.)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1932 on: August 24, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
You have to get very thin shaved sirloin (or similar cut) from the butcher, I don't think you can slice it that thin at home unless you have amazing knife skills. And then top with glorious whiz and peppers & onions. NOM. (I don't know if I'd be allergic to it now ... but that's a solid food memory from Philly visits.)

If you partially freeze meat, it's easier to cut a really thin slice.  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1933 on: August 24, 2018, 01:09:05 PM »

If you partially freeze meat, it's easier to cut a really thin slice.  :)

Now I don't know if I want to go to the butcher's or to Aldi for some cheap steak.  Either way, I am going to give this a try!  I need provolone, too.... where's my Lidl?!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #1934 on: August 24, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »

Now I don't know if I want to go to the butcher's or to Aldi for some cheap steak.  Either way, I am going to give this a try!  I need provolone, too.... where's my Lidl?!
You won't be getting provolone... Unless you make a trip to an Italian deli.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab