Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What food are you craving right now?  (Read 151469 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: What food are you craving right now?
« Reply #975 on: July 12, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »
Taco pizza from a pizza house by my parents that serves Greek style pizza
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #976 on: July 12, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »
What's Greek about a Greek style pizza?  And how do tacos fit in with that?  Enquiring minds want to know.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #977 on: July 12, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Greek pizza is more a style of pizza crust.  It's a crust that is baked in a shallow pan, rather than directly in an oven like Italian pizza. It's chewy and puffy and very bready and thick, but it's not like deep dish pizza either, because it's in a shallow pan.  The sauce is quite tangy usually because they use tomato paste in it and lots of oregano and also there is way more sauce than cheese.   

It's called 'Greek style' because this style was what was cooked by Greek immigrants, rather than the Italian immigrants to the US.  Usually in a Greek style pizza house you can get things like Greek salad and Gyros as well and grinders (subs). This is a very New England thing!

The taco pizza toppings are ground beef with taco spices, black olives, really thin peppers and onions, tomato slices and crushed tortilla chips (along with cheese). They serve it with a spicy chilli sauce to pour on.  It's heaven. And because it's baked in a pan, you get a nice thick layer with a really good thick crust.   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
I'd eat that!  You've made me hungry for pizza for lunch now

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »
A chilli dog and hot fudge sundae for dessert. There was an ice cream shop near my house in the US that serves proper hot dogs and sundaes with lovely hot fudge and whipped cream perfect for a summer treat
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #980 on: July 13, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
A chilli dog and hot fudge sundae for dessert. There was an ice cream shop near my house in the US that serves proper hot dogs and sundaes with lovely hot fudge and whipped cream perfect for a summer treat
Hot fudge sauce!  I can't even explain to my husband what that is!  I have tried, but I am pretty sure he thinks of just chocolate syrup (And let me tell you, chocolate syrup is a terrible disappointment when you think you're getting hot fudge!).
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #981 on: July 14, 2017, 07:46:20 PM »
Ben and jerrys near us sell proper hot fudge sauce x
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

« Reply #982 on: July 15, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »
Now that I have my full UK driving license, I can drive again (my year of driving on my US license expired three years ago, and we just moved to this area in November, and I passed my practical in March (first try, four minors).  When my finances are better, I'll get a cheap car and go exploring in Swansea to see what wonders I can find.  Maybe I can get hot fudge sauce, too.  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:59:43 PM by jfkimberly »

• Liked: 154
« Reply #983 on: July 16, 2017, 07:54:25 PM »
A marshmallow Pepsi! Don't ask me what it is, but it's somehow disgusting and glorious at the same time. My best friends from a tiny tiny town and they have a burger place that makes these. It's the most crisp Pepsi, with some sort of marshmallow fluff in it. And it's not the fluff you get in stores, we tried recreating it lol. As I'm typing, I realise how disgusting it sounds...but that with some cheese curds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #984 on: July 16, 2017, 11:13:48 PM »
A marshmallow Pepsi! Don't ask me what it is, but it's somehow disgusting and glorious at the same time. My best friends from a tiny tiny town and they have a burger place that makes these. It's the most crisp Pepsi, with some sort of marshmallow fluff in it. And it's not the fluff you get in stores, we tried recreating it lol. As I'm typing, I realise how disgusting it sounds...but that with some cheese curds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's marshmallow cream, not fluff. It's a different texture.

I just had a dodgy chili cheese dog and tater tots from Sonic. I should have picked something else for my last meal in the US for awhile.

I did gain 10lbs in the last 12 days from all of the shite food and candy I've been eating. I've given myself permission to eat whatever I thought I missed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #985 on: July 17, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
It's marshmallow cream, not fluff. It's a different texture.

I just had a dodgy chili cheese dog and tater tots from Sonic. I should have picked something else for my last meal in the US for awhile.

I did gain 10lbs in the last 12 days from all of the shite food and candy I've been eating. I've given myself permission to eat whatever I thought I missed.

Someday, when all this visa stuff is behind me, I'm going to the US on a junk food holiday.  I don't care what it does to my scale/waistline.  I'm going in indulge because I miss all the things!  I can tell you, there will be lots of Taco Bell, a bit of Quiznos (I have a thing for their prime rib & peppercorn sandwich), and a fair amount of Popeye's (chicken strips with "potatoes on potatoes", which is what I named french fries dipped in mashed potatoes... I don't even need the biscuit, but I'd take it if offered).  If I lived further west in the US, I'd also hit up Del Taco for a couple of chicken soft tacos (and nacho fries!... I order their nacho cheese and an order of fries... nom times!).  And Jack in the Box for their terrible horrible disgusti-licious "not-a-taco"s (tacos).  Oh my gawd, I need good fast food again!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #986 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
Someday, when all this visa stuff is behind me, I'm going to the US on a junk food holiday.  I don't care what it does to my scale/waistline.  I'm going in indulge because I miss all the things!  I can tell you, there will be lots of Taco Bell, a bit of Quiznos (I have a thing for their prime rib & peppercorn sandwich), and a fair amount of Popeye's (chicken strips with "potatoes on potatoes", which is what I named french fries dipped in mashed potatoes... I don't even need the biscuit, but I'd take it if offered).  If I lived further west in the US, I'd also hit up Del Taco for a couple of chicken soft tacos (and nacho fries!... I order their nacho cheese and an order of fries... nom times!).  And Jack in the Box for their terrible horrible disgusti-licious "not-a-taco"s (tacos).  Oh my gawd, I need good fast food again!

You don't have to go to the US for Taco Bell. There are 6 or more locations here in the UK and it's GOOD! Two in Sheffield (visited one) and on on Nottingham I went to the weekend before last.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #987 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:24 PM »
I keep forgetting!  The Southampton location opened just after I moved from Salisbury to southwest Wales.  I could've lived within a reasonable distance of one, but now it's a stupidly long drive.

Anybody who's been to a UK Taco Bell:  Do they have Mountain Dew?  Regular Mountain Dew, not the "Citrus Blast" (UK version), and not Baja Blast.  I just want the plain old stuff made with the HFCS that I know (is bad for me) and love.  It's part of the Taco Bell flavor profile for me, and any other drink won't be quite the same when I finally get to go.

That said, I would drink it, because I have to have something!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #988 on: July 18, 2017, 06:32:07 AM »
Sorry, can't remember, I don't drink Mountain Dew. Have you tried looking on their website?

They do serve beer and slushy 'margaritas'.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #989 on: July 18, 2017, 06:42:49 AM »
I'm currently on my flight back to Edinburgh and my suitcase is ridiculous.

I flew over to the US with a 5 kilo backpack. I'm flying back with a 20 kilo suitcase and a 9 kilo backpack full of food and meds.

After carrying this crap around for over 12 hours it makes me wonder if I really needed that Velveeta cheese block and canned cheese sauce.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab