Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What should I do?  (Read 554 times)

• Liked: 0
What should I do?
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »
Hi all :) I am a bit confused about what to do and I need your help. I am not sure if a question like this has been posted before so if it has, forgive me.

I have recieved my Student Visa with the starting date of August 29th (a month before my Postgrad courses start). Before I knew that I would be able to come to the UK this early in advance (I thought it was only possible to come 2 weeks in advance) I decided that I would like to apply for a BUNAC Blue Card so that I could go earlier to work and make some extra money and have time to find a place to stay, etc. before classes started, my thought process being that I could spend some time working, and then go visit my friends outside the UK and re-enter on my Student Visa. I under-estimated the busy summer season and thought would be traveling early to mid-August but with the delays, I took a chance and ordered my plane ticket for the 28th before i knew the start date was the 29th.

Now my dilemma is this: Do you guys think that I should enter anyway on the BUNAC as planned and re-enter later on the Student Visa or should I forget about it and not even show the blue card and just enter as a tourist and not work until I am able to do so under my Student Visa after I re-enter the UK? I would like to work for that extra month before I start classes but I am worried that if I show the blue card and the Immigration Officer sees my Student Visa in my Passport, he or she might think that I'm lying about my intentions to study.

Also, just to make sure, do I have to enter the UK on the actual "valid from" date on the Visa or can I enter any day as long as it is after that in order to come in as a student?

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me!

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »
Did you get your question answered Mermaid123?  :-\\\\ I noticed you have had no responses.
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »
Can't you just wait and enter on the student visa? 

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab