Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VISA EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER - IF I HAVE THIS VISA CAN I WORK?  (Read 2740 times)

• Liked: 0
VISA EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER - IF I HAVE THIS VISA CAN I WORK?
« on: September 10, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »
If I have the VISA EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER  does it mean that I can work in the UK?

• Liked: 6
Re: VISA EEA FP: FAMILY MEMBER - IF I HAVE THIS VISA CAN I WORK?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »
Yes, you can.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
LARISA, you are the spouse of an EEA citizen exercising, or intending to exercise, their EEA/EU Treaty Rights in the UK. Those rights include the ability to be employed, or indeed self-employed.

As their Family Member you have the same EEA/EU Treaty Rights. As you will see from your EEA Family Permit it is for just 6 months. Once you are in the UK, and it would be best if you make the application after you have started work, rather than before, you need to apply on form EEA2 for a Residence Card. That will be valid for 5 years.
John

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 03:35:52 AM »
you can work on the initial 6 month EEA Family Permit. You don't have to have the 5 year one. But you will have to keep getting the 6 month one renewed if you don't apply for the 5 year one once you arrive in the UK.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
Actually, that is not true.  The family permit is only written confirmation of your treaty rights.  Not getting the permit does not mean that you lose your rights.  But it is a good idea to get it anyway, otherwise leaving the country and getting back in, or getting employers to believe that you can work, can be tricky.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab