Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New Replies to your Posts -- How do you unsubscribe?  (Read 1830 times)

• Liked: 0
New Replies to your Posts -- How do you unsubscribe?
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »
Hi - How can I stop getting notification of new posts to threads I'm no longer looking at? 
Thanks.

Re: New Replies to your Posts -- How do you unsubscribe?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »
Go to profile, go to email and notifications.  There should be a list of topics you have subscribed to and a list of options to unclick.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 06:38:31 PM »
Ok, thanks Minday.  Just checked, but it looks like I can only unsubscribe from the threads I've subscribed to, but not from the threads that I've simply posted on...some of these are the ones I'd prefer to stop receiving.  Am I missing a spot to 'uncheck those'?

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »
I don't know.  I have the option to unsubscribe from threads I didn't start.  Do you have any of that list at the top clicked?

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 07:10:41 PM »
You can click the Notify button to unsubscribe a subscribed topic, or click the link in the email after the text "Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: "

If neither of those work for you, please let us know.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:57:52 AM »
Thanks Mindy and Leah.  I think I'm confusing terminology here. 

It's not on email -- it's not for the threads I've actually subscribed to.  It's within the website; when I click on "Show new replies to my posts", I get a list of links to the various topics I've posted in, whether or not I started the threads.  There are some of these that I'd no longer like to show up within the 'new replies to my posts' link; is it possible to not have them appear?  For instance, when in the UK, I played some of the games (i.e. "The person below me...", etc.) and thus those threads will appear in the link to "Show new replies to my posts".  Can I eliminate some of the ones I no longer wish to get? 

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:07:47 AM »
You can't - you can only block certain boards altogether.  But you can't block certain threads.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »
You can't - you can only block certain boards altogether.  But you can't block certain threads.

Yep.  But if you could block specific threads that would be the best feature ever!
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
OK, thanks.  And LOL because I see that I'm not the only one who'd like to block an old thread or two.   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab