Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Refused vistors visa  (Read 799 times)

• Liked: 0
Refused vistors visa
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
I just got my visa in today and it was denied now I don't know where to go from here. can i still come over on a passport or is that out the window now? Can some tell me where do I go from here?

Re: Refused vistors visa
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »
Did it say why the visa was denied?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »
yea because i didnt have a sponsor letter or evidence of his circumstances, and because i get disablity over here in u.s.a, they think i will try and get benifits over there to or try and get a job, and they dont think i have enough  economic or close family ties in the us, and they don't think i will leave when i say i will.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:49 PM »
Oh hun =( I am so sorry to hear that! I wish I could give you some advice but I got nothing.

except a big huge hug!

Hopefully someone here can give you some assistance. Did it say whether or not you had a right to appeal the decision?

Maybe Vicky can help?
7/28/08 - Online Visa App. Completed [smiley=computer.gif]
8/20/08 - Biometric Apt. (Sup. Docs Mailed)  [smiley=smug2.gif]
8/25/08 - LA Consulate, App. & Docs Received  ;D
9/04/08 - 2 Emails: 5 & 10 days wait notice  [smiley=confused.gif]
9/18/08 - 1 Email: 12 weeks wait notice  [smiley=puke.gif]
9/21/08 - Consulate phoned to ask departure (said Oct. 24th) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
9/22/08 - @8:51AM VISA APPROVED OMG!!! [smiley=hug.gif]
10/25/08 Land in England!!![smiley=laugh4.gif] )
1/03/09 - Tentative wedding date

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
it just says i can appeal under the race relations act or under the human rights acts. now I have no idea what to do, and my boyfriend is upset cause we had to wait for it since june 26th.  Thanks for the hugs, i need it. :\\\'(

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »
yea because i didnt have a sponsor letter or evidence of his circumstances, and because i get disablity over here in u.s.a, they think i will try and get benifits over there to or try and get a job, and they dont think i have enough  economic or close family ties in the us, and they don't think i will leave when i say i will.

Public Advocate here:  Being disabled in itself does not signal an intent to violate our laws, and this would be an actionable judgement error on the part of the ECO if he suggested that it was.  Disability is an involuntary condition, and most certainly not an indicator of someone's aspirations. 

Similarly, being disadvantaged economically is in itself not an indicator that someone would attempt to illegally settle in the UK and access our welfare state.  Why does he think that?  Even if it were the case, there is no evidence anywhere to prove that life in the UK on benefits is better than life in the USA on benefits, and the ECO's suppositions are untenable on this point.  When I was in practice, I had to go through this argument for Russian girls ALL THE TIME  ::)

But on the other hand, not having evidence from your sponsor is a show-stopper.  BAM.  Stops a borderline app dead in its tracks. 

True enough you can appeal based on human rights.  Here's the problem with that:   Contemporary thinking on the subject runs that a person's human rights are not violated by denying them the chance to be a tourist.  Tourism is a bit of a stretch as a human rights issue; and it wouldn't even reach an adjudicator.

Net/net.  If you try to enter as a non-visa national, you'll be bounced.  The optimal strategy is to fix the ECO's objections and re-apply.  From experience, the most effective fixes for these types of refusals are the changes in circumstances.  Don't re-apply until you've got them.

Adding in as an afterthought:  could this have been a stop-gapped IO?  Brought in on the crunch? 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:15:28 AM by garry »

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »
I am afraid that you are not going to be able to successfully appeal, and as Garry has said if you try to enter you will be bounced.

You need to prepare a new applictaion which contains all the relevant information and evidence.  If you didn't have a letter from your sponsor saying where you would be staying, and you didn't show that you could afford to support yourself while in the UK, I think this was destined to be refused.

Vicky

Sponsored Links